Directions(1-10): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- I complimented him for his success in the examination.
aboutonattoNo correction requiredOption B
- He found it difficult to cope along with his work.
also withup withwitharoundNo correction requiredOption C
- The marriage cremony took place in this very hotel last Saturday.
was took placedid take placewas taken placewill have taken placeNo correction requiredOption E
- You will fail in the examination if you will not work hard.
if you did notif you shall notif you do notif you would notNo correction requiredOption C
- Sushma was hurried to the station when she dashed against the truck.
was hurryinghad hurriedis hurriedwas being hurryingNo correction requiredOption A
- Take into account the suggestions of the panel, a revised draft report is being placed in the public domain.
Taken into accountTaking an accountTaking into accountAccounting forNo correction requiredOption C
- They claim that their employees are highly committing and disciplined.
have been highly committingare highly committedhave high commitmentshave been high committedNo correction requiredOption B
- Before accepting a new assignment, ensured that you complete all your earlier assignments.
ensure that you completeensure that you completedsurely you can completeensure that you are completingNo correction requiredOption A
- I am fully convinced of the integrity of my colleagues.
full convincing offully convincing aboutfully convincing offull in convincing ofNo correction requiredOption E
- The spectators were spellbound at the thrilling sight and at the end they could not held their applause in appreciation.
withheld their applausewithhold their applauseheld their applaudinghold their applaudNo correction requiredOption B