Directions(1-10): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- Tokyo is one of the mostly populated cities in the world.
thickly populated city inthickly populated city ofmost populated cities inmost populated city ofNo correction requiredOption C
- There are indications that the prospects for growth in industrial output has improved.
have improvedhave improvementshas improvementshas been improvingNo correction requiredOption A
- Missed opportunities and failure to delivery results can destroy even well-run organisations.
failed deliveriesfailure of deliveryfailed to deliverfailure to deliverNo correction requiredOption D
- Banks have been authorised to advance loans to the distressed urban poor.
authorized to advancement ofauthorized to advancingauthorizing to advancementauthorized for advancementNo correction requiredOption E
- The railway budget is not proposed any revision in passenger fares and freight rates.
is not proposing any revisedhas not proposed any revisionhas not revised any proposalhas no revised proposalNo correction requiredOption B
- The increased time devoting to watch television is one of the important causes of the decline in reading ability.
devoted for the watchdevoted to watchingdevoted for the watch of thedevoted to keep watchNo correction requiredOption C
- Walking has distinctly advantageous over driving as you see many things while walking that you often miss while driving.
have advantages distinctlyis distinctly advantageshas distinct advantagesis distinct in advantageousNo correction requiredOption A
- He turned down our proposal which we had prepared by so much dedication.
had prepared withhave prepared bywere prepared withhave been preparing forNo correction requiredOption E
- Although family TV serials do vary, they have certain common elements.
do not varyseldom varyrarely varyare varyingNo correction requiredOption B
- We have profound faith and hopes for the future.
faith for also hopes forfaith in and hopes forfaiths and hopes forfaith about and hopes inNo correction requiredOption A