Directions(1-10): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- Why does he worry over petty matters is not known.
he worrieshe did worryhe does worryshould he be worryNo correction requiredOption A
- Leaders enable a group by imagining and create a future which will fulfil the group purpose.
by imagining to createto imagine and by createto imagine and createto imagining creativityNo correction requiredOption C
- Being a man of principle, he refused to follow the illegitimate instructions.
following the illegitimateto following illegitimatelyto follow the illegitimatelynot to follow illegitimatelyNo correction requiredOption E
- The active learning of adulthood is not only possible but infinitely and desirable.
possible but only infiniteonly possibly infinite andpossible only if infiniteonly possible but infinitelyNo correction requiredOption D
- Making a donation to charity helps some people feel good.
helped some people felthelps some people felthelping some people to feelhelps some of people feelingNo correction requiredOption E
- Please take out your shoes and put out the light.
take out your shoes and switch off the lighttake out your shoes and put on the lighttake off your shoes and put out the lightput off your shoes and switch off the lightNo correction required.Option C
- My sister was falling of the cycle very often.
was falling offfell offdid fallfell ofNo correction requiredOption B
- When the child is being bored and not occupied he is also mischievous.
has boredom and no occupation hewas bored and not occupied heis bored and unoccupied that heis bored and unoccupied heNo correction requiredOption D
- It took years for realizing what was going on.
took years for realizationtakes years for realizingtook years after realizingtook years before I realizedNo correction requiredOption D
- I cannot dance the music like I did before the accident.
dancingdance for the musicdance by the musicdance to the musicNo correction requiredOption D