Directions(1-10): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- I shall make you realise your mistake.
make you to realisemake you in realisingmade you realisemake you realisedNo correction requiredOption E
- A nation that had been once tried to kill him was the first to embrace him.
had once been trying tohad once tried toonce had been tried tohad to once try andNo correction requiredOption B
- Had he known more about the policies of the company, he might not have accepted the offer.
He had known moreDid he know moreSince not more was knownIf he would know moreNo correction requiredOption E
- His life is an example of how the human will can flourish even in harsh conditions.
what the human will canhow the human can and willwhen the human will canwhere the human will canNo correction requiredOption B
- The social worker passionately stroked the annoyed passenger in order that be pacified.
to pacify himthat to pacifyto be pacified forthat to be pacified withNo correction requiredOption A
- They were no longer able to provide the help their children need.
helped their children needhelp their children neededhelp that their children needhelp that their children would needNo correction requiredOption B
- You may be well-organised in your thoughts but what would you propose may not be necessarily acceptable on all occasions.
what you would proposethat you would proposewhat you proposewhat you would have proposedNo correction requiredOption C
- The striking difference between the two contestants compatible with each other for the match was related to their age.
compatible with one anothercompatible against one anothercompeting with the othercompeting with each otherNo correction requiredOption D
- Market research and market communication is so far being confined to a handful of consumer goods like soaps, cosmetics, etc.
is thus far being confined tohave so far been confined toare so far being confined tohave so far been confined withNo correction requiredOption B
- If we rely on others for technology upgradation, potential serious damage may be caused.
potentially serious damage mayserious potentially damage mayseriously potential damage mayseriously potential damage mightNo correction requiredOption A