Directions(1-10): In the given question, a part of the sentence is given in brackets. Below the sentence, alternatives to the bracketed part are given as (A), (B), (C) and (D), which may help improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative out of the given five options. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer will be option (E), i.e., No correction required.
- He went to the mall (for watching a movie).
For watching moviesFor watching movieTo watch a movieTo watching a movieNo correction requiredOption C
- “(When we take over the site), raw sewage in various streams got transferred from the colony to the lake”, said the technical advisor of the organization.
When we take the siteWe took over the siteWhen we took over the siteWhen we took the siteNo correction requiredOption C
- Another innovation has been made in the form of a bioswale rain garden (which is not only ornamental but also) collects rainwater from the pathways to recharge the groundwater.
Which is neither ornamental norWhich is neither just ornamental but norWhich are not just ornamental but alsoWhich are neither ornamental norNo correction requiredOption E
- The thief (ran fast and he escaped) the radar of the police.
Ran fast and he escapeRun fast and escapedRun faster and he escapedRan fast and escapedNo correction requiredOption D
- (“You’re fast!”, appreciated) the coach after seeing the incomparable run by the athlete.
“Your fast!”, appreciated“Your faster!”, appreciated“Your fastest!”, appreciated“You’re fastest!”, appreciatedNo correction requiredOption E
- Everyone in the gang had a specific role – while one was an expert driver, another was a locksmith who (could break any locks in) five minutes.
Can break any lock inCould break any lock inCould break any lock withinIs breaking any lock inNo correction requiredOption C
- After (having noted all the points argued upon) by the advocates, the judge announced his judgement and gave the criminal a life sentence.
After noted all the points argued uponAfter having noted all the points arguedHaving noted all the points arguedHaving noted all the points argued uponNo correction requiredOption D
- (Most of the visitor go) to only a few big temples and they are worth the time, but, beware of snakes while you walk around.
Much of the visitor goesMuch of the visitors goMost of the visitors goMost of the visitor goesNo correction requiredOption C
- (The chefs were aided and abated) by the Michelin inspectors who knew their French food but had zero understanding of the Indian food.
The chefs were aid and abatedThe chefs were aided and abettedThe chef was aided and abatedThe chef were aided and abettedNo correction requiredOption B
- In case you (didn’t bothered about) reading the documents, let me summarize them in bullet points.
Didn’t bother aboutDo bothering aboutDo bother aboutDidn’t bothered aboutNo correction requiredOption A