Directions(1-10): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C) and (D) given below each statement should replace the phrase given in brackets in the sentence to make it grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) i.e ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- Many international companies (have been altering) their marketing materials out of respect for the host country’s particular norms and behaviour. A good example of cultural differences is the case of the Swedish company IKEA.
AlterHave already alteredHas alteredAre in the process of alteringNo correction requiredOption A
- In addition (to enhance their reputation) through the strategic use of philanthropy, companies are sponsoring social initiatives to open new markets.
of enhancing their reputationto having enhance their reputationto enhancing their reputationto have their reputation enhancingNo correction requiredOption C
- Thousands of fire-fighters were deployed (at the factory when) a fire suddenly broke out due to a short circuit.
on the factory whenat the factory whileat than factory whenin the factory while.No correction requiredOption E
- The Indian banking sector is growing rapidly and banks are opening (much of branches) in unbanked areas.
many branchesnumerous branchmostly branchas much branches asNo correction requiredOption A
- The country that a person treats as his permanent home, (or was living) in and has a substantial connection with: his wife has a domicile of origin.
Or lived inOr lives inOr has been living inOr used to live inNo correction requiredOption B
- As we age, healthy eating can make a difference in our health, help to improve (how are we feeling), and encourage a sense of well-being.
how do we feelhow we feltwhat we felthow we feelNo correction requiredOption D
- Charles Dickens’ writings are priceless as they depict the true state of society, (particularly exploitation of the labour class), including very young children.
particularly exploited of the labour classparticularly exploitatings of the labour classparticularly exploits of the labour classparticularly exploiting of the labour classNo correction requiredOption E
- The government has increased the (lockdown period for the third’s time) by two more weeks, starting from the next month.
lockdown periods for the third timelockdown period for the three timelockdown period for the third timelockdown period for the thrice timeNo correction requiredOption C
- Scientists have (detected an exotic planet off another) solar system where the weather forecast is always dire.
detected an exotic planet under anotherdetected an exotics planet in anotherdetected an exotic planet with anotherdetected an exotic planet in anotherNo correction requiredOption D
- Conversely, the possibilities of siting bedrock aquifers are rare on granitic terrain (across paucity of fractures).
along paucity of fracturesdue to paucity of fracturesamong paucity of fracturesto paucity of fracturesNo correction requiredOption B