Directions (1-2): Given below are three statements, of which some may be incorrect. Identify the correct statement(s).
- I.A man was arrested and his mother booked for allegedly abusing and assaulting medical staff at a government hospital in Wada on Tuesday.
II.A man was arrested and his mother booked for allegedly abusing and assaulting medical staff in a government hospital in Wada on Tuesday.
III.A man was arrested and his mother booked for allegedly abusing and assaulting medical staff at a government hospital in Wada in Tuesday.Only IIOnly IOnly IIIBoth II and IIIAll of theseOption B
- I.In todays India, which celebrates empowerment and progress, if you question development’s impact on women, you are anti-development.
II.In today’s India, which celebrates empowerment and progress, if you question development’s impact on woman, you are anti-development.
III.In today’s India, which celebrates empowerment and progress, if you question development’s impact on women, you are anti-development.Only IIOnly IOnly IIIBoth II and IIIAll of theseOption C
- The advancement in technology has enabled employees (telecommuting from home and work out) remote workplaces.
to telecommuting from home and working fromtelecommute from home and work overtelecommunication from home and working fromto telecommute from home and work fromNo correction requiredOption D
- In the near future, management (strategy will have played an important roles in strike) a balance between ecological and economic aspects of cultivating poplar trees.
strategy will play important roles in strikestrategies will play an important role in strikingstrategizing would be playing important roles in strikingstrategies would have played an important role in strikingNo correction requiredOption B
- Confronted with impossible choices, hospitals need workable guidelines that (reflects societies deepest understanding of fairly).
reflect society’s deepest understanding of fairnessreflects society deepest understanding of fairnessreflects society’s deepest understanding of fairreflect society’s deep understanding of fairlyNo correction requiredOption A
- Buoyed by the overwhelming response and feedback from users, many of Video conferencing platforms is constantly getting new update, in addition to the new features to enhance user experience.
are constantly getting new updates, addingwill be constantly getting new update adding to ahave constantly getting new updates, to addhad constantly getting new updates with the additionNo correction requiredOption A
- Residents of Chand Bagh, a Muslim-dominated area, claimed that a mob had started _____________ stones from Bhajanpura towards their locality on Monday morning.
d. Attackinga-bc-ab-da-dc-bOption B
The sentence talks about a Muslim-dominated locality called Chand Bagh, where a mob struck stones repeatedly from Bhajanpura. The manner of striking stones repeatedly can be said using the words assailing and pelting, both meaning throwing something at, or bombarding someone with something. Thus, the correct answer choice is B.
The word shooting and attacking won’t go with stones, so it’s inappropriate if we use it here.
- In case of automated production lineslike automobiles, it might be easier to ________________ operations given there are fewer number of hands on the floor and it is easier to observe social distancing.
d. Initiatea-bb-cc-ac-da-dOption E
The given sentence talks about the automobiles sector and that the smaller number of people required to work in order to operate these sectors, ensures the required social distancing, thereby making it easy to carry out the operations. The two words commence and initiate would fit here, both indicating to start or carry out an operation. Whereas, withdraw means to remove or take away (something) from a particular place or position and retaliate means to make an attack in return for a similar attack, both unfitting the sentence contextually. Hence, the correct answer choice is E.
- _______________ the human influence on green house gas concentrations is challenging because many green house gases occur naturally in Earth’s atmosphere.
d. Determininga-bb-da-dc-ac-dOption C
The sentence says that identifying the human influence on greenhouse gases is challenging because many of them occur naturally in the atmosphere of Earth. In this context, the two words that fit perfectly are discerning and determining. Divulging means to reveal secret information which doesn’t go with the meaning of the sentence here. Similarly, divesting means to deprive someone of power or rights or possessions and therefore doesn’t fit here either.
- World events have demonstrated that war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide are long term problems that have _________________ throughout the history and continue to this day.
d) transpireda-cb-ca-dc-da-bOption C
In the given statement, the listed problems have been present throughout history. ‘Occurred’ which means something happened or took place is best fit for the given blank. ‘Transpired’ which is synonymous to ‘occurred’ and means something occurred or happened is the second word that can fit the blank. Hence, the answer is C.
‘Answered’ means to give reply to a question. ‘Provided’ means to make something available for use.
Directions (3-6): In the given question, a part of the sentence is printed in bold. Below the sentence, alternatives to the emboldened part are given as (A), (B), (C) and (D), which may help improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative out of the given five options. In case the given sentence is correct, your answer will be option (E), i.e., “No correction required”.
Directions(7-10): In the given questions, one statement with a blank is given along with four words. Two of the given words can fit into the given blank. Five options with various combinations of these words are given. Pick up the combination of the words that fit into the blank.