Directions: Each sentence below is given with two blanks. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which is not appropriate to fill the blanks of the sentence respectively.
- The current print is unlikely to lead to any major change in the RBI’s _____________in the near term as inflation is likely to head downwards in the second half of the year once the unfavourable base effects ______________.
malingering, intensifytruancy, strengthenstance, wanedeface, mountAll are correctOption C
- I realized this recently, when social media __________________ with images of the smog in Delhi, and I thought of how characters in Bollywood have ____________ from breathing problems for years.
vainglorious, enduredbloated, painedswelled, sufferedprominent, toleratedAll are correctOption E
- Even in Anurag Kashyap’s Dev D (2009), where matters are _______________ altogether to a happy ending, Abhay Deol’s physical breakdown is conveyed through the extended coughing ______________ that develops across the song Yeh Duniya Badi Gol.
primordial, stringvenerable, seriesadvanced, sequenceradical, corseAll are correctOption C
- But the most ________________ depiction of illness is in Lagaan (2001) where Kachra, the “untouchable”, is affected by polio and bowls _____________ spin.
obtuse, naiveastute, wilykeen, directshrewd, sincereAll are correctOption B
- TB has _______________ from popular Hindi films though it remains a serious public health concern. In fact, it has become more complex, more _____________ to drugs now.
abated, delicatereceded, resistantebbed, fragileapproached, proofAll are correctOption B
- The last couple of years indicate that most fashion celebrations are rather formulaic—brought together by a cast of ______________ with strategic interests, an “interesting” venue (like Bikaner House in Delhi or a film studio in Mumbai), a liquor partner, a creative concept and a public relations army to whip up the _______________ social media storm.
sponsors, obligatorypatrons, inevitabledonors, incumbentpromoters, indispensableAll are correctOption A
- The first reason we sponsor any event stems from how ____________________ the experience is for the many collaborators that Swarovski works with—exporters, manufacturers, embroiderers and others. We look for an enduring platform for our user ecosystem, unlike a ________________ distributor’s conference
sad, livelyjejune, absorbingnarcotic, flirtystimulating, drabAll are correctOption D
- From the ________________ of Fabindia and the enduring business of Ritu Kumar, to the ______________ of the House of Anita Dongre, currently the most commercially successful fashion brand in the country.
frailty, ascensionobduracy, diveresilience, ascentplasticity, denegrationAll are correctOption C
- It was for such young Zoroastrians that RTR was _______________ in 2012 by a group of young _______________ Zoroastrians, Wadia included, who met at a community event in New York.
aborted, extraditedemonstrable, domesticconceived, expatriateeffective, repatriateAll are correctOption C
- Baetz is married to an American; her Parsi mother was __________________ from her orthodox ____________ in India for marrying, as Baetz puts it, “a dude from Ontario”.
divorced, variantsflushed, descentsundered, rootsagreed, pedigreeAll are correctOption C
4 Thoughts to “English Questions: Fill in the Blanks 61”
Also provide meanings:)
thank u mam
Thanks for your write-up on this blog site. From my very own experience, periodically softening upward a photograph may possibly provide the photographer with a little bit of an artistic flare. Sometimes however, the soft cloud isn’t what exactly you had in your mind and can sometimes spoil a normally good photograph, especially if you thinking about enlarging it.