Direction (1-10): In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence respectively.
- Taxpayers can expect interest and penalty notices from April 2018 onwards by which time it is expected that most of the _________________ in the portal would have been _________________.
faults, opposedglitches, pluggedblips, clearedflaws, burnedAll are CorrectOption B
- __________________ into the history of the winners, it is clear that it is their commitment to India-specific innovations and willingness to ________________ the baggage from their global operations that have been key drivers of their success.
Researching, cherishInquirying, scrutinizeDelving, discardProbing, maintainAll are CorrectOption C
- It must be kept in mind that GDP data does not fully capture informal sector developments, even as GST has expanded the _______________ of the formal economy. The latest feel-good effect should be ________________ by these sober truths.
area, flabbynotion, fragileforefront, brittleambit, temperedAll are CorrectOption D
- It is true that people enjoy ________________ gossip, but when news channels make a tamasha of a tragedy to keep people hooked, it is journalism at its worst. It kills _________________ of the channel in particular and of journalism in general.
salacious, credibilitylewd, betrayalprurient, deceitlascivious, distortionAll are CorrectOption A
- Perhaps the greatest __________________ to entrepreneurs is Indian attitudes towards education. Though education is revered, it is treated as important because it is the gateway to _____________________ universities, which will eventually lead to a prestigious, established profession.
catalyst, eminentbenefit, notableasset, celebratedobstacle, prestigiousAll are CorrectOption D
- There seems to be an unwritten understanding between the two not to use the CBI against each other seriously, whereas the leaders of regional parties could easily be ________________ using the central agencies. It is high time the CBI and other agencies were given more _______________ to investigate corruption charges freely.
vexed, enchainmentharassed, autonomytroubled, internmentpestered, subjugationAll are CorrectOption B
- Indian players ______________ 90 per cent of all volumes generated in the country in FY 2017, according to the latest Annual Report of the General Insurance Council of IRDAI. Moreover, mass retail sectors such as auto, health and small/medium property businesses are _______________ reinsurance dependant.
maintained, archpreserved, optimumretained, leastkept, ampleAll are CorrectOption C
- The Punjab National Bank episode opened new _________________ regarding the performance and prospects of PSBs. The issue of high level of NPAs with PSBs and their often getting into a spot thanks to scams and scandals raise concerns that need to be _________________ seriously. The solution, however, is not privatisation.
bruises, shunedtraumas, evadedwounds, addressedscars, slightedAll are CorrectOption C
- A decade later, in 2008, it was the turn of ______________________ private commercial and investment banks in developed markets that were on the ____________________ of going belly up to be saved with public money. The number of banks that either failed, were distressed or were merged.
pedigree, vergeprogeny, retreatposterity, arterialscramble, ambitAll are CorrectOption A
- The robustness and ___________________ of the economy determines the health of domestic finance rather than issues of ownership. There are murmurs about some of the so-called ___________________ new private sector banks concealing bad debts till the central bank pulled them up.
vibrancy, savvyapathy, insanitylethargy, obtusetorpor, ignoranceAll are CorrectOption A