Directions: The following question has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits in the context of the sentence.
- The short-term priority is to remove _____________ clauses in policies and _____________ coverage to as many people as possible.
defamatory, exemptdiscriminatory, expandenriching, withhelddegrading, magnifiesboring, stopOption B
- The activities approved for toting up a teacher’s _____________ performance indicator are many, _____________ beyond teaching and research.
popularity, trainingacademic, extendingcuteness, goingstrength, powerhappiness, greatOption B
- Problems of exclusion will be eliminated if the payer-insurer is the state, the _____________ is done through public taxes, and coverage is _____________ .
loading, unrealfunding, imaginaryfinancing, universalprojection, hazysponsoring, questionableOption C
- Delayed monsoons, preceded by a _____________ monsoon last year, and depleting groundwater levels have _____________ the crisis.
Deficient, exacerbatedderogatory, promotedpoor, fanciedenjoyable, viewedenhancing, borneOption A
- In addition, growing _____________ of society on ideological lines has made the job of _____________ fake news easier.
masses, observingdivergence, collectingnumbers, sortingpolarization, spreadingmultitude, financingOption D
- Investors can think of putting in at least 10 per cent of their savings in gold as it has the _____________ to be an _____________ for the portfolio in a fragile trade environment.
purpose, disturbancestatus, inspirationpotential, insurancepossibility, indictmentreasoning, arrangementOption C
- Central banks across the globe are preparing to loosen monetary policies, to _____________ their respective economies and it is expected that gold will continue the ongoing _____________ .
spur, momentuminspire, synergyenervate, junctureencourage, matchesdesign, cooperationOption A
- Basic principles of credit _____________ and monitoring are obviated in PSBs and must be sharpened to _____________ defects of capital, business purpose and character.
lending, reduceassessment, emphasizeevaluation, clarifyappraisal, diagnoseprevention, roughenOption D
- Buildings must _____________ be examined and certified for safety, and those that fail to _____________ to the NBC must be demolished.
surely, stickintermittently, respectintensely, purviewperiodically, conformpositively, toughenOption D
- Promoters of MSMEs must have _____________ in the game to ensure that funds — venture capital, as well as bank loans made liberal by fiat — are not _____________ off.
interest, takenname, boughtskin, siphonedfeet, stolenhands, signedOption C
Skin in the game (Idiom)
Meaning: to be at risk financially because you have invested in something that you want to happen
E.g.: You take more ownership of something when you have some skin in the game.
Siphoned off (Phrasal verb)
Meaning: to gradually steal money or goods, usually from a business or government
E.g.: Over the years, she siphoned off hundreds of thousands of dollars from various accounts.