Directions(1-5): The following questions consist of a single sentence with one blank only. You are given six words denominated by A, B, C, D, E and F as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete.
- While India can, and must, develop a multi-pronged ___________ to end hunger, it is correct to seek clarifications that its sovereign right to provide subsidies for food security is not compromised by the WTO.
(A) execution (B) approach (C) methodology (D) obligation (E) supervision (F) direction(A) and (B)(B) and (C)(C) and (D)(C) and (E)(B) and (E)Option B
- The _________ between advanced economies and the rest was apparent.
(A) aperture (B) ties (C) grove (D) rift (E) socialization (F) conflict(A) and (D)(B) and (C)(F) and (D)(C) and (E)(E) and (A)Option C
- India is seeing the obtained ________ as a partial success.
(A) outcome (B) measure (C) result (D) phenomena (E) procedural (F) doings(A) and (B)(B) and (D)(C) and (D)(C) and (A)(B) and (E)Option D
India is seeing the obtained result/outcome as a partial success.
Anything that is obtained out of something is refereed to as outcome or result.
A phenomena is a process, it can not be a result.
- Children must be given a chance to taste food from __________ cuisines, and one of the best ways to do it is by travelling.
(A) different (B) diversification (C) divided (D) multiplicity (E) various (F) numbered(B) and (A)(A) and (C)(B) and (D)(C) and (E)(A) and (E)Option E
- There are other __________ issues to handle and I don’t wish to get stressed worrying about what I have to eat.
(A) content (B) absent (C) critical (D) obviously (E) mystified (F) pressing(A) and (B)(B) and (C)(C) and (F)(C) and (E)(B) and (F)Option C
- Veteran environment filmmaker Mihir Kumar was honoured ……… the prestigious V. Shantaram Life Time Achievement Award …… the Mumbai International Film Festival 2012.
By, inwith, atthrough, atOf, atNone of theseOption B
- She has ……… the permission of a court to put an end ……. her life.
Seeked, ofsought, torequested, toAsked, toNone of theseOption B
- …………., while he was going to Bangalore to have his visa application processed, he was knocked down……. a speeding lorry.
Fortunately, withunfortunately, ofUnfortunately, byluckily, withNone of theseOption C
- While his father died ……. the trauma last year, his mother has been taking care …… him single-handedly.
Of, ofFrom, ofOf, fromOf, forNone of theseOption A
- The award……….. a citation and cash price …….. Rs.10 lakh.
Carry, forgives, fromcarries, worthCarries, ofNone of theseOption C
Directions(6-10): In each sentence below, there are two blanks spaces. Below each sentence some pairs of words are given which are numbered (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e). Pick out the most appropriate pair to fill in the blanks in the same order, to make the sentence meaningfully complete.