Directions: Each sentence below is given with two blanks. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence respectively.
- ____________of unsold potatoes are dumped at a dry pond in Kudana village near Indore. Farmers did not turn up at the warehouses to pay the ____________rent for the produce from the previous season as new crop is now ready for sale.
Heaps, requestedBoots, specifiedSacks , stipulatedBags, limitedNone of theseOption C
- Because agriculture employs close to half the labour force in India, but _________the lowest per capita output (and hence is associated with the highest levels of poverty), it is clear that if there is to be inclusive growth in India, it has to _________in the agricultural sector.
originates, startgenerates , beginfathers, initiateconstructs, instituteNone of theseOption B
- The _____________of incomes in a couple of States (Bihar and West Bengal) and lack of ___________of income sources in many major States speak directly to the question of inclusive growth and inequality at the sub-national level.
doldrums, alterationinaction, specializationdiversification, languishstagnation , diversificationNone of theseOption D
- Given the difficulties faced by small farms in ____________scale economies, accessing credit, or getting into market-oriented farming, it is likely that most policies ___________toward increasing productivity will benefit larger farms.
realising , gearedremunerate, smearedactualizing, adaptedabsorbing, apparalledNone of theseOption A
- The stock and commodity market ____________, the Securities and Exchange Board of India, is moving in the right _________in permitting commodity trading along with other securities on exchanges.
governor, instructionregulator, directionadjuster, performancerear, deviationNone of theseOption B
- The value of trades in commodity derivatives is just 3 per cent of the traded value of equity derivatives. If the traders in equity __________shift some trades to commodities, trading ___________will receive a boost.
fraction, capacitydivision, tomessegment , volumesslice, extentNone of theseOption C
- While enabling trading in agri commodities will ____________investing in establishing warehouses and setting up a network for spot polling to ___________price, the national exchanges should be encouraged to invest in this infrastructure.
implicate, concealmean, learnentail , discoverconvey, discloseNone of theseOption C
- The ideology of ‘privatisation’ of economies and societies has advanced so much around the world in the last 30 years that the very __________of ‘economic reforms’ has become _____________to reductions in the role of government and more freedom for business corporations.
concrete, qualifiedconsideration, excusivepercept, absoluteconcept , restrictedNone of theseOption D
- There is realisation now that business corporations set up to make profits for their investors cannot be the _________ to many challenges that societies must address such as increasing inequity, _________poverty, and poor public health and education in large parts of the world.
explication, hardbend, stiffsolution, persistentresult, constantNone of theseOption C
- Innovations of elected parliaments of the people enabled the implementation of ideas of democracy that societies began to _______ for since the 16th century, first in small pockets in Europe and North America, and then in a _______ by the 20th century.
aspire, floodinspire, trickleaccede, torrentexpect, inundantNone of theseOption A