Directions: Each sentence below is given with two blanks. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence respectively.
- The minister ____________that message should be sent out to company secretaries and directors of all companies to ____________that filings are made on time, which would also help prevent unnecessary litigation and prosecution.
intense, expendaccented, forgetemphasised, ensureirresolute, exposeAll are correctOption C
- With respect to 992 court cases pertaining to _______________of directors that are pending with various high courts, the ministry said around 190 cases have been ____________of.
disqualification, disposedincompetence, disaarayincapability, derangeinfluence, disruptAll are correctOption A
- The latest decision to _________more 1.20 lakh companies from official records came after a review meeting of the actions taken with respect to __________firms last week.
expunge, unregisteredobliterate, deregisteredcross off, unregisteredstrike off, deregisteredAll are correctOption D
- South Africa’s Cape Town, one of the world’s __________tourist destinations, could run out of water by April as the city’s worst __________ in a century risks forcing residents to join queues for emergency rations.
essential, wantunknown, aridityiconic, droughtnormal, dearthAll are correctOption C
- Businesses in the ___________industry also say they are trying to help, limiting showers to two minutes and using water used for washing dishes and clothes to ___________gardens.
generosity, undertakehospitality, waterwarmth, look aftermagnanimity, furnishAll are correctOption B
- City officials say dam levels ________below 30% in the first week of the new year, with only about 19.7% of that water considered__________.
dipped, usablesoaked, usefulplunged, functionaldrowned, servicableAll are correctOption E
- Very few women _________chicken, meat, fish or eggs on a daily basis, and about a third of them _________these foods weekly, the survey report revealed.
eat, eatconsume, consumedissipate, dissipatedeplete, depleteAll are correctOption B
- In India by and large, food habits are _________in terms of gender. There are two classes in India—those who can’t afford vegetables, fresh fruits and milk and the others who can afford them but ___________between male and female children.
apposite, comparediscriminatory, discriminateaccurate, mingleapathetic, siftAll are correctOption B
- Our way of life is being challenged, most notably, the _______for modernity, the quest for innovation (are) being challenged by ________Islam and its terrorist offshoots from a variety of corners.
chase, extremepursuit, pacifistquest, radicalseek, fanaticAll are correctOption C
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday he was discussing with India ways to ________security cooperation against the __________of Islamist extremism that both democracies faced.
fortify, defensesap, assistbrace, gaurdstrengthen, menaceAll are correctOption D