Direction (1-10): In each question a sentence is given followed by a blank. Each blank is followed by three options and you have determine which option can be used in place of blank to give a meaningful sentence and mark it as your answer.
- arlic is native to Central Asia and northeastern Iran, and has long been a common seasoning worldwide, with a history of several thousand years of human consumption and use. It’s Scientic name is Allium sativum. It grows____________________
a. in the wild in areas where it has become naturalized
b. in hot climates
c. up to 1.2 m (4 ft) in heightOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption C
As Garlic is a Rabi crop so it is a mildly cultivated plant.
- Corvus is a widely distributed genus of medium-sized to large birds in the family Corvidae. The genus includes species commonly known as crows, ravens, rooks and jackdaws; there is no consistent distinction between “crows” and “ravens”, and these appellations have been assigned to different species chiefly on the basis of their size, crows generally being smaller than ravens. Crows are________________
a. learned how to eat the toxic cane toad by flipping the cane toad on its back and violently stabbing the throat where the skin is thinner
b. among the world’s most intelligent animals
c. one of the few nonhuman animals capable of displacementOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly b & cOnly aAll are CorrectOption B
Not all crows are capable of tackling toxic. Only crows in Queensland are capable of doing so.
- Hirakud Dam is built across the Mahanadi River, about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) from Sambalpur in the state of Odisha in India. Behind the dam extends a lake, Hirakud Reservoir, 55 km (34 mi) long. It is one of the first major multipurpose river valley projects started after India’s independence. The Hirakud Dam is ________________________
a. the longest major earthen dam in India
b. a composite structure of earth, concrete and masonry.
c. is flanked by 29 kmOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly b & cOnly cAll are CorrectOption A
It is flanked by 21 km
- The Ganges is one of the most sacred rivers to Hindus. It is also a lifeline to millions of Indians who live along its course and depend on it for their daily needs. It is worshipped in Hinduism as the goddess Ganga. It______________________
a. is a sacred river to Hindus along every fragment of its length.
b. is different ways to determine the river’s length, its discharge, and the size of its drainage basin.
c. has a greater average dischargeOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly b & cOnly cAll are CorrectOption A
- Central Board of Secondary Education Logo of Central Board of Secondary Education Logo Abbreviation CBSE Formation 3 November 1962 (55 years ago) Type Governmental Board of Education Headquarters New Delhi, India Location “Shiksha Kendra”, 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092 Official language Hindi, English Chairperson Mrs. Anita Karwal (31st August of 2017 onwards). Parent organisation Ministry of Human Resource Development Website www.cbse.nic.in The Central Board of Secondary Education (abbreviated as CBSE) is a Board of Education for public and private schools, under the Union Government of India. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has asked all schools affiliated to follow only NCERT curriculum. CBSE affiliates all Kendriya Vidyalayas, all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, private schools and most of the schools approved by central government of India. CBSE________________________
a. conducts the final examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 every year in the month of March
b. has become the largest exam conducting body in the world.
c. has Mrs. Anita Karwal as its ChairpersonOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly b & cOnly aAll are CorrectOption E
- The word “university” is derived from the Latin universitas magistrorum et scholarium, which roughly means “community of teachers and scholars.”While antecedents had existed in Asia and Africa, the modern university system has roots in the European medieval university, which was created in Italy and evolved from Christian Cathedral schools for the clergy during the High Middle Ages. The university ________________
a. were developed under the aegis of the Latin Church
b. is regarded as a formal institution
c. had all the power … and dominated the mastersOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly b & cOnly cAll are CorrectOption A
University doesnt have all the powers but students do.
- Marvel Comics is the common name and primary imprint of Marvel Worldwide Inc., formerly Marvel Publishing, Inc. and Marvel Comics Group, a publisher of American comic books and related media. In 2009, The Walt Disney Company acquired Marvel Entertainment, Marvel Worldwide’s parent company. Marvel ___________________
a. started in 1939 as Timely Publications, and by the early 1950s, had generally become known as Atlas Comics
b. lampooned itself and other comics companies in a parody comic, Not Brand Echh
c. was able to capitalize on its successful superhero comics of the previous decade by acquiring a new newsstand distributorOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly b & cOnly bAll are CorrectOption E
- Telepathy is the purported transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction. The term was coined in 1882 by the classical scholar Frederic W. H. Myers, a founder of the Society for Psychical Research, and has remained more popular than the earlier expression thought-transference. Telepathy __________________
a. experiment was discovered to contain flaws
b. was recorded by the Italian author Upton Sinclair in his book Mental Radio
c. have historically been criticized for lack of proper controls and repeatabilityOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly aAll are CorrectOption C
Upton Sinclair was an American.
- Air conditioning is the process of removing heat and moisture from the interior of an occupied space, to improve the comfort of occupants. Air conditioning can be used in both domestic and commercial environments. This process is most commonly used to achieve a more comfortable interior environment, typically for humans or animals; however, air conditioning is also used to cool/dehumidify rooms filled with heat-producing electronic devices, such as computer servers, power amplifiers, and even to display and store artwork. Air conditioners_________________
a. use a fan to distribute the conditioned air to an occupied space
b. employs toxic or flammable gases, such as ammonia, methyl chloride, or propane
c. are currently available with capacities of about 5,000–60,000 BTU/hOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption C
- The natural environment encompasses all living and non-living things occurring naturally, meaning in this case not artificial. The term is most often applied to the Earth or some parts of Earth. This environment encompasses the interaction of all living species, climate, weather, and natural resources that affect human survival and economic activity. The natural environment is_____________________
a. an agricultural field
b. often used as a synonym for habitat.
c. the outermost solid surface of the planetOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption D