Directions: In each question a sentence is given followed by a blank. Each blank is followed by three options and you have to determine which option can be used in place of blank to make it a meaningful sentence and mark it as your answer.
- In a bid to clean up political funding, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Tuesday ____________ of new electoral bonds that can be bought from specified branches of State Bank of India (SBI) and used to donate money to political parties.
a. declared the forms
b. announced the contours
c. broadcast the shapedOnly a & cOnly a & bOnly b & cNone of theseAll are correctOption B
- <span style=”color: black; font-family: inherit;”____________the death of a person at the event organised to mark the anniversary in Pune on Monday, several groups of people had come out in protest on Tuesday morning in the eastern suburbs of Chembur, Vikhroli, Mankhurd and Govandi, and forced shops and establishments to shut down, an official said.
a. Peeved with
b. Pacified beyond
c. Angered overOnly a & bOnly bOnly a & cOnly cAll are correctOption C
- The president has made clear the US expects Pakistan to ____________ against terrorists and militants on its soil, and that Pakistan’s actions in support of the South Asia Strategy will ultimately determine the trajectory of our relationship, including future security assistance.
a take decisive action
b. interact with resolute activity
c. hold conclusive exetionOnly b & aOnly aOnly b & cOnly a & cAll are correctOption D
- The Kamala Mills fire tragedy in Mumbai, which claimed the lives of 14 people last week, has _________ administration into action, leading to inspections, demolitions and even the arrest of two people.
a. instigated the public
b. spurred the civic
c. barbed the cityOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & dNone of theseAll are correctOption E
- The numbers show that lop-sided growth continues, with industry _____________, while consumption-based lending remains strong and the services sector is doing well.
a. preserving to whither
b. continuing to languish
c. persistently flaggingOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly a & cNone of theseAll are correctOption E
- Regular inspections are supposed to ensure the presence of basic fire-fighting __________ with building norms. But there are enough loopholes, such as norms not applying for establishments with a seating capacity of less than 50 people.
a. equipment as well as compliance
b. tackle as well as conformity
c. apparatus in addition to observanceOnly aOnly b & cOnly a & cOnly cAll are correctOption C
- The Finance Ministry’s warning to potential investors in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies has come at a time when a new, _____ area has opened up that few have enough information about.
a. authentically charming outlay
b. ostensibly alluring venture
c. seemingly attractive investmentOnly aOnly a & bOnly cOnly b & cAll are correctOption D
- There was a point of time, perhaps, when we might have taken the idea of a secular, pluralistic India, tolerant of all sects and religions, as a position set in stone. But, incidents, especially since the early 1990s, have _____________both reality and our imagination.
a. radically altered
b. superficially reformed
c. essentially revisedOnly aOnly a & cOnly cOnly b & cAll are correctOption B
- On New Year’s Eve, when he announced his decision to enter politics, he___________as if he were stepping in to fill a political vacuum in the interest of the people of Tamil Nadu, and not to further his own ambition.
a. make sure to show up
b. took care to appear
c. be cautious to arriveOnly b & cOnly a & cOnly bOnly cAll are correctOption E
- There is no denying Mr. Rajinikanth’s _________, but as in the case of AIADMK founder M.G. Ramachandran and Jayalalithaa, he doesn’t seem to have a clearly defined ideological position or political programme.
a. flocked plea
b. mass appeal
c. mass pleaOnly aOnly b & cOnly a & cOnly bAll are correctOption B