Directions: In each question a sentence is given followed by a blank. Each blank is followed by three options and you have to determine which option can be used in place of blank to make it a meaningful sentence and mark it as your answer.
- The primary objective of monetary policy is to achieve the inflation target _____________________ with some flexibility to address growth concerns in the short-run. The given flexibility is important to address the high-inflation-low-growth puzzle confronted by the Indian economy recently.
a. over the equilibrium
b. over the medium-run
c. over 12 yearsOnly aOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly bAll are correctOption C
- Since inflation dynamics can be modelled using the Phillips curve, the nature of the Phillips curve provides key inputs in policy formulation. It is a well-known fact that the success of the monetary policy depends on how well it _____________________________ of economic agents.
a. conducts the contemplation
b. rules the epiphany
c. manages the expectationsOnly bOnly a & cOnly b & cOnly cAll are correctOption B
contemplation means possibility which is a near synonym of expectations.
epiphany means a moment of sudden and great revelation or realization which is an antonym of expectations.
- Monetary policy analysis in the new Keynesian framework has received ____________________________ in recent times. The New Keynesian Phillips Curve (NKPC), one of the important blocks of the New Keynesian framework, has become a dominant tool to model inflation dynamics among central bankers.
a. considerable attention
b. substantial asperity
c. slight oblivionOnly aOnly bOnly a & bOnly a & cAll are correctOption A
asperity means harshness of tone or manner.
- The Secretary in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ramesh Abhishek, said that there are few issues _____________________________, import duty, taxes and licensing that have been bothering Israeli companies.
a. relevant to approaches
b. befitting to clouds
c. pertaining to processesOnly a & bOnly bOnly a & cNone of theseAll are correctOption C
- Banks are ________________________ the liquidation value of an asset while asking for bids for selling an asset after the discussion for resolution fails. Once the liquidation value is known, the prospective bidders typically top it up marginally while bidding for an asset. So, the valuation gets depressed.
a. bound to disclose
b. spring to expose
c. confine to divulgeOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly cOnly a & cAll are correctOption E
- Indian banks are no longer in denial mode. Until about a year back, they were slow in recognizing bad assets—such recognition hits their balance sheets since they _____________________ for or set aside money for NPAs. Which is why, traditionally, bankers try hard to not to allow any loan to slip into NPAs through various ways, including giving fresh loans to the group company of a likely defaulter, popularly known as “evergreening”.
a. adequate to consume
b. need to provide
c. want to divestOnly aOnly bOnly cNone of theseAll are correctOption B
- The government has made it mandatory for verifying bank accounts and permanent account number (PAN) _______________ black money and bring unaccounted wealth to book. The same for SIM cards has been mandated to establish the identity of mobile phone users.
a. to inveigled
b. to weed out
c. to oustOnly a & cOnly b & aOnly b & cNone of theseAll are correctOption C
to weed out = to remove
- 3. The face authentication provides additional option for all residents to have inclusive authentication. It shall be allowed only in fusion mode along with one more authentication factor combined with either fingerprint or iris or OTP to be able to _______________ an Aadhaar number holder.
a. successfully authenticate
b. fruitfully substantiate
c. favorably attachedOnly aOnly a & bOnly bOnly b & cAll are correctOption B
- The bank in a regulatory filing said that the capital raising committee of its board of directors issued and “allotted 15,000 non-convertible, redeemable, unsecured, Basel-III compliant tier 2 bonds, for inclusion in tier 2 capital of the bank in the nature of debentures of the face value of Rs1 lakh each_________________aggregating to Rs150 crore on private placement basis”.
c. at parOnly aOnly bOnly cNone of theseAll are correctOption E
- The BSE Sensex and the NSE Nifty on Monday hit record closing highs for the third straight session on Monday, led by gains in private lenders, as better-than-expected growth in industrial output and _________________ rally lifted sentiment.
a. a comprehensive share
b. a global equities
c. an inclusive stocksOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly a & cNone of theseAll are correctOption E