Directions(1-2): Pick out the option which when used to start a sentence combines both the sentences in one.
- He is at present Special Director in the ED. He got third extension in August this year to hold the additional charge of the post of ED chief for six months.
a) But earlier
c) As of noOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly a and bNone of the aboveOption D
- The Gambia has become the latest African nation to announce its withdrawal from the International Criminal Court, accusing the war crimes tribunal of “persecuting” Africans. The shock move announced late yesterday was condemned by rights groups as a “drastic blow” for victims of serious crimes across the world.
c) ConsequentlyOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly a and bNone of the aboveOption C
Andhra Bank has announced the opening of Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2016-17 series-III as notified by Government of India for public subscription from Monday.The scheme will be open till November 2, 2016 at all its 2,853 branches across the country, the bank said.The bonds will be restricted for sale to resident Indian entities including individuals, HUFs, Trusts, Universities and charitable institutions.RBI has notified a rate of interest of 2.5 per cent per annum on the initial investment based on nominal value.The tenor of the bonds is 8 years with provision of premature cancellation after 5 years.Option D
Finance Ministry has called a meeting of senior management of banks on Monday to discuss the bad loans issue in specific sectors, including steel.The meeting would focus on non-performing assets (NPAs) in sectors like steel, power, and infrastructure, sources said.Senior officials from the steel, power and road transport ministries would also be present there.These three sectors account for the bulk of gross NPAs which surged to 9.32 per cent (Rs 4.76 lakh crore) in 2015-16.The meeting would be attended by CEO and Executive Directors of various public sector banks, sources said.Option C
Reports suggest that the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is planning to take over a portion of the Rs 50, 000 crore debt of Air India and convert it into low interest loans.Most of the banks to which AI owes money are public banks saddled with astronomical Non Performing Assets (NPAs).This according to reports is being done to reduce the interest burden on AI’s debt pile and make it profitable in the next decade.LIC’s plan to convert Air India’s 10% interest loans to 7% loans would come as a breather for India’s national airline which has been battling losses and mismanagement.But a closer look at the financial information of Air India reveals that involving LIC would not only amount to juggling money within the government, but could also hit public banks hard.Option B
Telecom regulator Trai has held that operators would be liable for any non- compliance to rules by third party vendors like websites and apps for issues related to bill payment and recharges.In its guidelines, Trai said that as third party entities like websites and applications are non-licensed entities and are appointed by telecom service providers, operators are responsible for ensuring compliance of regulatory norms.“Since Channel Partner(s) and sub Channel Partner(s) are non-licensed entities and appointed by telecom service providers (TSPs) based on mutually agreed terms and conditions, all responsibilities for ensuring compliance of terms and conditions of the license agreement and other regulatory guidelines shall remain with the TSP,” Trai said.The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) said that the agreement between operators and sub-channel partner should incorporate clauses on subscriber relations, attending subscriber grievances, recharge process and tariff updation apart from other technical requirements.At present there are many mobile applications and websites like Freecharge, Mobikwik, Oxigen that facilitate mobile recharge and bill payment facilities as channel partner of telecom companies.Option D
- The central bank governor said Aoun’s election and the formation of a government would boost confidence in the economy and attract foreign aid. Lebanon is hosting some 1.5 million refugees from the war in neighboring Syria.
a) To which
c) ApparentlyOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly b and cAllOption C
- Banks can raise funds through perpetual debt instruments (PDI) qualifying for inclusion as additional tier 1 capital and debt capital instruments qualifying for inclusion as tier II capital by way of rupee-denominated bonds overseas, it said. They could also raise through long-term rupee denominated bonds overseas for financing infrastructure and affordable housing, it said.
a) Not just that
b) As much as
c) EvidentlyOnly aOnly bOnly a and cOnly a and bOnly c and bOption A
- Once among the top five most attractive brands in India, the venerable house of Tatas has fallen off that perch this year, according to a study of the country’s most attractive brands released today. The annual study, which comes out every October-November, has ranked Tata at seventh position, a drop of three spots from last year when it was ranked fourth.
a) Where as
b) Where in
c) HoweverOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly a and bOnly a and cOption
- With Kerala and Tamil Nadu, the two states resisting its implementations for different reasons, now agreeing to implement it from 1 November, all 36 states and Union territories have been brought under it. This would entail an expenditure of Rs 1.4 lakh crore annually — more than the 2016-17 budgeted food subsidy of about Rs 1.35 lakh crore.
c) ConsequentlyOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly a and bNone of the aboveOption A
Directions (3-6): Choose the odd sentence out of the given five sentences in each question.
Directions(7-10): Pick out the option which when used to start a sentence combines both the sentences in one.