Directions (1-5): Choose the odd sentence out of the given five sentences in each question.
State Bank of India (SBI) on Tuesday said it has raised Rs 2,500 crore from bonds to fund business expansion.The bank has issued and allotted 25,000 AT1 Basel III-compliant bonds, SBI said in a regulatory filing on stock exchanges.“It is in nature of debentures of face value Rs 10 lakh each at par through private placement bearing a coupon rate of 8.39 per cent per annum payable annually with a call option after 5 years,” it said.AT-1 bonds qualify as core or equity capital.Under the Basel-III norms, AT-1 bonds come with loss absorbency features, meaning that in case of stress, banks can write off such investments or convert them into common equity if approved by the RBI (Reserve Bank of India).Option D
Leading bourse NSE on Tuesday cautioned investors against falling prey to stock tips circulated through SMSes and social media platforms like WhatsApp.“In recent past, exchange has come across SMS tips being circulated whereby as a festive bonanza, various stocks are being recommended with higher price targets leading to heightened trading activities in such stocks,” NSE said.In a notice, the exchange also asked brokers to advise their clients not to blindly follow unfounded rumours and tips and invest in securities only after conducting appropriate analysis of respective companies.NSE advised its members to “exercise greater caution with respect to tips/rumours circulated via various mediums such as analyst websites, social networks, SMS, WhatsApp, blogs etc, while dealing in the securities listed on the exchange on behalf of their clients”.It has also asked members and investors to inform the exchange about any systemic wrongdoing, potential frauds or unethical behaviour they come across.Option B
Senior IPS officer Karnal Singh was on Wednesday appointed chief of Enforcement Directorate, the agency entrusted with probing money laundering cases.The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the appointment of Singh as Director, Enforcement Directorate (ED) till August 31, 2017, i.e. the date of his superannuation, an order issued by Department of Personnel and Training said.The post had fallen vacant after the government had in August last year curtailed the tenure of Rajan S Katoch, the previous Director of ED.Singh, a 1984 batch IPS officer of Union territories cadre, is holding the additional charge of ED chief since August last year. He is at present Special Director in the ED.He got third extension in August this year to hold the additional charge of the post of ED chief for six months.Option C
Haryana will be the first state to give the benefit of 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) to its employees with effect from January 1, 2016, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said today.The Chief Minister said that the state government has decided in principle to grant the benefit of revised pay package to its employees broadly on the pattern of the pay package extended by the Central Government to its employees based on the recommendations of the 7th CPC from next pay, said an official spokesman.Earlier, the state cabinet considered and approved the report of the committee for implementation of recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC).The Chief Minister said that the contractual employees like Anganwadi workers and Data Entry Operators and those engaged under the outsourcing policy would also be benefitted in the same proportion in which other employees would get the benefit of the CPC.The Chief Minister said that the state departments would submit their proposals in this regard within a week.Option E
The Gambia has become the latest African nation to announce its withdrawal from the International Criminal Court, accusing the war crimes tribunal of “persecuting” Africans.The shock move announced late yesterday was condemned by rights groups as a “drastic blow” for victims of serious crimes across the world.Banjul’s decision follows similar action by South Africa and Burundi this month that have shaken the only permanent international war crimes court.Gambian Information Minister Sheriff Bojang charged that the ICC had been used “for the persecution of Africans and especially their leaders” while ignoring crimes committed by the West.“Not a single Western war criminal has been indicted,” he said on state television, naming former British prime minister Tony Blair as one who should have faced prosecution in the court.Option E
- The Ministry is keen about integrating VCF into project feasibility assessment for systematic and large scale adoption of capturing a part of potential increase in the value of land and other properties resulting from the proposed investment. The Ministry has identified ten ways of VCF out of which only a couple are being currently used for project financing by some States.
a) Where in
c) SurprisinglyOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly b and cAllOption A
- For the first time, physicists have observed a strange molecule called the butterfly Rydberg molecule — a weak pairing of highly excitable atoms that was first predicted back in 2002. The find not only confirms a 14-year-old prediction — it also confirms the existence of a whole new type of atomic bond.
a) With this
c) HoweverOnly aOnly bOnly a and cOnly a and bOnly c and bOption D
- Axis Bank has announced the launch of ‘Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card’ in partnership with Flipkart. The Buzz credit card is a contactless payment solution that offers multiple benefits to enhance customers’ online shopping experience, while they enjoy the best discounts and offers.
a) Where in
c) HoweverOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly a and bOnly a and cOption A
- Nearly 500 farmers from tobacco growing countries were detained by the Noida police for protesting outside the conference venue, which is hosting over 1,500 delegates from 180 countries in the world’s biggest convention on tobacco control policy. Tobacco use kills around 6 million people a year globally, with nearly a million deaths in India alone.
c) shockinglyOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly a and cNone of the aboveOption D
- In addition to the 827 known killings over the past decade around the world, journalists are kidnapped, arbitrarily detained, tortured, intimidated, and harassed on and offline. Women face the added threat of gender-based violence and sexual harassment.
a) Where in
c) AlsoOnly aOnly bOnly cOnly a and cNone of the aboveOption D
Directions(6-10): Pick out the option which when used to start a sentence combines both the sentences in one.