Direction (1-5): In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks in each. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence.
- Few things about British political culture are as characteristic and as demeaning as the collective ___________ before the United States. The cringe takes many forms. It ranges from the inflated preoccupation with the “special” relationship at the very summit of British government to the ___________ lack of self-awareness that leads many Westminster spear-carriers to cultivate Mastermind levels of knowledge about TV series such as The West Wing and House of Cards.
cuddle, solemncringe, risibleflourish, staidarrogate, weightyAll are CorrectOption B
- It seems that Charles believes he shares with Hal an experience of the trials of waiting for the throne. But Shakespeare has him as a ___________ character who is introduced farting about with friends in a pub and planning a highway robbery. Eventually, he turns into a sober, sensible ___________ .
respectable, monarchanticipated, monarchlouche, monarchprincipled, monarchAll are CorrectOption C
- In July 2016, on the eve of his appointment as secretary of state for Brexit, David Davis ___________ that the whole thing would be a doddle. Brussels would cater to Britain’s needs and the prime minister would simultaneously negotiate “a free trade area massively larger than the EU”. Within a year, Davis had changed his tune. It was complicated, he ___________ .
sudden, perseveredabrupt, bickeredanticipated, perseveredpredicted, concededAll are CorrectOption D
- What sort of person sits and watches a colleague being ___________ and says nothing? Someone in a low-status job fearful of their boss, someone with low self-esteem who thinks they can do nothing, someone who feels powerless. Someone who is a coward? Maybe. This is the way the bully is ___________ and lives to fight another day.
bullied, temporalbullied, profanebullied, sanctifiedbullied, materialisticAll are CorrectOption C
- Archaic and gendered ideas about physical activity: football and rugby are best ___________ to boys; netball and dance are best for girls. At the same time that we have public health and sports governing bodies working to promote football and rugby to women and girls, we are turning a blind eye to a blatantly sexist and ___________ practice in education that tells girls those very same sports are not for them.
suited, outdatedsuited, swanksuited, opulentsuited, sumptuousAll are CorrectOption A
Direction (6-10): In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks in each. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence.
The fer-de-lance (spearhead) pit viper is not an animal you would want to meet unexpectedly. It is aggressive, unpredictable and fond of getting the drop on its prey: literally, from the branches of trees. Its bite, which turns blood into something with the ___1___ of jam, is fatal if not treated immediately. Terrible as its venom is, though, it may have a use. Jeffrey Hartgerink, a chemist at Rice University, in Houston, Texas, thinks it could be just the thing to stop post-operative bleeding.
Loss of blood is an ___2___ consequence of surgery. At the moment it is dealt with by a combination of the body’s natural clotting mechanisms and a variety of physical barriers designed to ___3___ blood flow and give those clotting mechanisms time to act. These barriers include the simple application of pressure to a wound, various foams and adhesives that create a more permanent seal, and experimental treatments using substances called hydrogels which consist of fragments of protein ___4___ together to trap water molecules, and which are ___5___ particularly effective at blocking wounds up.
4 Thoughts to “English Test for IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelim Exam Set – 07”
The things i have observed in terms of pc memory is the fact there are specifications such as SDRAM, DDR etc, that must fit the requirements of the motherboard. If the pc’s motherboard is kind of current and there are no computer OS issues, upgrading the memory space literally normally takes under an hour. It’s among the easiest laptop upgrade types of procedures one can consider. Thanks for giving your ideas.
I found your blog web site on google and check a number of of your early posts. Continue to maintain up the superb operate. I simply extra up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. In search of ahead to reading extra from you afterward!?
I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site. Studying this information So i?m satisfied to express that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most definitely will make certain to do not disregard this website and provides it a look regularly.
Great work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)