Directions(1-5): Read the following passage and answer the questions that follows.
On Thursday night, five armed men broke into the residence of Congolese human rights activist Dr Denis Mukwege, founder of Panzi hospital in Bukavu, DRC. After holding his two daughters and their friend at gunpoint for half an hour, the armed men forced Dr Mukwege out of his vehicle as he arrived at his residence. Dr Mukwege’s security guard tried to alert neighbours about the situation, but was fatally shot at close range by the armed men. The gunmen then fired more shots at Dr Mukwege, who narrowly escaped death by throwing himself to the ground. The five men fled the scene in Dr Mukwege’s vehicle – their identity and whereabouts are unknown at the moment. Who is Dr Denis Mukwege? He is the main street of hope for thousands in eastern Congo. He has stayed in a warzone for 14 years and practised medicine with bare medical resources and witnessed the unbearable enacted on the vaginas and bodies of women day after day. He has invented surgeries to meet the acts of cruelty and has helped repair 30,000 rape victims. He has opened and maintained a hospital providing ongoing care in a place with no roads, no water, no electricity, minimal internet or phone and rampant insecurity.
- Who is Dr Denis Mukwege?
a. a pharmacist
b. a surgeon
c. a social service providerBoth a & bBoth b & cBoth c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption E
- Which of the following is true about Panzi hospital?
a. it is in in Bukavu, DMK
b. five armed men broke into it.
c. Dr Denis Mukwege is the founder of this hospital.Both a & bBoth b & cBoth c & aOnly cAll are CorrectOption D
- What, according to the passage, is the synonym of ” rampant”:
- What, according to the passage, is true about “Armed men”?
they broke into the residence of Dr Denis Mukwegethey fired shots at Dr Mukwegethey shot the guard who tried to alert neighboursOnly bAll are CorrectOption E
- What, according to the passage, is the antonym of ” enacted”:
- The FBI did not believe it needed to speak to her again. It produced a 1,000-page report and _________________ had an hour to read it. Republicans are now reassured there was no hint of sexual _________________ . Indeed Kavanaugh got to write his own op-ed in the Murdoch-owned Wall Street Journal, where he self-servingly made his case again. He may have been too emotional he says. He may have “said a few things I should not have said.
monitors, comportsenators, misconductrepublicans, behavedelegates, obedienceAll are CorrectOption B
- Underlining the close security relationship between the UK and its European allies, the Dutch have disclosed that they _________________ four Russians in April. These agents were, with the help of British intelligence, thwarted in the process of a cyber-attack on the global chemical weapons watchdog, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. These events _________________ shortly after the chemical attack on Sergei and Yulia Skripal in Salisbury.
assumed, happenedfealty, ensuedexpelled, transpiredoperated, arrivedAll are CorrectOption C
- The noble false-widow spider is, as the professional entomologists of the charity Buglife put it, a ponderous, solitary and non-aggressive spider. It has lived among us, in our homes, schools, and no doubt, hospitals, for decades. According to Buglife, _________________ the whole of Europe there are just two definitive cases of it ever biting someone. Both are described as a _________________ sting, about as bad as a wasp or a nettle.
within, gentleby, meekthrough, moderateacross, mildAll are CorrectOption D
- The now-forgotten debate over Britain’s £35bn-plus “divorce bill” was a _________________ of things to come: the EU will set out its position and the deal will broadly resemble the bloc’s offer. The article 50 process was designed to strengthen the hand of the remaining members in any exit negotiation. Over the past two years, it has worked as its creators intended – establishing a ticking clock towards a no-deal exit gives the EU huge _________________ .
presage, vendingportent, transactionherald, inferiorityharbinger, leverageAll are CorrectOption D
- The confidence and supply agreement between the government and the DUP would _________________ , but May may gamble that the DUP would still vote with the government most of the time. In the medium term, a new election would seem inevitable. But May could _________________ on doing reasonably well at the polls if her government survived long enough to deliver a plan for Brexit that avoided significant damage to the UK economy.
crash, ponderslump, depreciatecollapse, reckonruination, estimateAll are CorrectOption C
Direction (6-10): In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks in each. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence.