Directions(1-5): In each question a sentence is given followed by a blank. Each blank is followed by three options and you have to determine which option can be used in place of blank to make it a meaningful sentence and mark it as your answer.
- Although some adjustment of tone or allegiances seemed likely, following Greig’s appointment, the prediction was for a more gradual process, one more respectful, superficially, at least, to the myth of Dacreish genius. Remainers, reduced to parsing the Daily Mail’s internal appointments for glimmers of nation-saving hope, _______________ manage expectations.
a. were prodded to
b. are requested to
c. were urged toBoth a & cBoth b & cBoth c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption C
- This weekend, two films based on real-life attempts to steal millions of pounds of valuables are in cinemas across the country. King of Thieves covers the tale of the Hatton Garden burglary, in which £14m of jewels, gold and money was stolen by a bunch of mainly ______________ criminals over the Easter weekend in 2015. American Animals explores the botched robbery of valuable books by a quartet of students in Kentucky in 2004.
a. elderly career
b. old job
c. old professionalBoth a & bBoth b & cBoth c & aOnly aAll are CorrectOption D
- God moves in mysterious ways. The Archbishop of Canterbury is of mortal flesh. Justin Welby’s hellfire sermon about the “evils” of capitalism, which won him repeated ovations from his congregation of trade unionists, was a speech very much of its time. In both its content and its contradictions, the Church of England’s senior prelate was channelling not so much the infinite divine as a highly contemporary and ________________ about what has happened over the past decade.
a. earthly mood
b. materialistic mood
c. comfortable mindsetOnly a & bBoth b & cBoth c & aOnly aAll are CorrectOption A
- Audin was a 25-year-old mathematician and communist who _______________ of the Algerian nationalists (the Front de Libération Nationale), then fighting a war against their French colonial masters. In 1957, he was arrested and disappeared without a trace. Since then, his family had been fighting to find out what really happened to him. Last week, they found out as Macron finally handed them an official document, drafted by lawyers and historians, which held the French authorities directly responsible for Audin’s death.
a. was a supporter
b. were a supporter
c. be a supporterBoth a & bBoth b & cBoth c & aOnly aAll are CorrectOption D
- Because to know Salisbury, a city that with its market square and medieval streets and Constable-inspiring views seems to be a _________________ of all Englishness, is to grasp this story in a way that the government shows no sign of doing. Because it’s not just the tourist honey pot it at first seems – it’s also the heart of the British military establishment.
a. brewed grit
b. distilled essence
c. purified elixirBoth a & bBoth b & cBoth c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption B
- If you would have taken the medicine, you could have gone to school today.
If you would takeHad you takenIf you would be takingIf you been takingNo correction requiredOption B
- Earning lots of money is one of the desires which are never satisfied.
which are never satisfywho are never satisfiedwho is never satisfieswhich is never satisfiedNo correction requiredOption D
- The passage was so difficult that I could not comprehend it in the first reading.
as difficult thatso difficult asas difficult asvery difficult thatNo correction requiredOption E
- Besides his wife, his children and other relatives also attends the function.
too attendsalso attendingalso attendedtoo attendingNo correction requiredOption C
- Good leaders are always attentive towards his subordinates’ needs.
A good leader isGood leaders isSome good leader areAll good leaders areNo correction requiredOption A
Directions(6-10): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
One Thought to “English Test for IBPS PO 2018 Prelim Exam Set – 9”
Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I’m shocked why this accident didn’t happened earlier! I bookmarked it.