Directions(1-5): A sentence with two blanks is given, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the words that best fit in the given blanks making the sentence grammatically correct and meaningful.
- Trying to _____ a team without a good and simple system is like trying to drive a car without a steering wheel ________.
form, workingplace, exploratoryorganize, empoweringmake, guidanceachieve, developmentOption A
- Interestingly, Raja Ramanna, who towered in the field of atomic sciences, was also ______ interested in philosophy and well ____ with the scriptures.
keenly, acquainteddeep, taughtkeenly, studieddeep, acquaintedkeenly, taughtOption A
We need an adverb to modify a verb. So, ‘Deep’ being an adjective is not grammatically correct here, it should rather have been deeply or the given choice ‘keenly’ (adverb). Among, ‘acquainted’, ‘studied’ and ‘taught’, ‘acquainted’ meaning ‘familiar’ is the most appropriate one.
- It seems that we are all tied up by the _______ connection and it may become another way of communicating with another leading to a collective moksha where distinctions between ‘chit’ and ‘achit’ are fully _______.
Detachable, ExposedMysterious, DissolvedElectrical, ExposedMysterious, ImposedElectrical, DissolvedOption B
“Electrical” does not fit the context of the given sentence. Thus, options C and E can be eliminated. It is quite oxymoronic to say that you are tied up by the detachable
connection. Thus, option A can also be eliminated. For the second blank “dissolved”.
- A cross-section of children were interviewed, and they matter-of-factly ___________ problems, at the same time __________ showed the way to plausible solutions.
Noted, painstakinglyCreated, obviouslyPinpointed, painstakinglyMarked, surelyPinpointed, surelyOption C
Noted, created and marked do not make sense. In an interview the person being interviewed will not note the problems or create or mark which he is talking about. It is not obvious that they will show solutions and surely doesn’t suit here.
- The Indian Meteorological Department has __________ permission to _______________ a Doppler Weather Radar System used for long range weather forecasting.
seek, installsought, detachseek, fixsought, installseek, detachOption D
“Sought” is grammatically correct because according to the context of the line the permission has already been taken. Also, “has” will only be followed by the third form of the verb. “Detach” is irrelevant here and between “fix” and “install”, “install” is more suitable as it represents the setting up of system for which the permission has been sought.
- The governance had found(A)/ that attempts made by(B)/ some divisive elements to stigmatised people(C)/ of a particular faith for the pandemic(D).
ABCDAll are correctOption D
In part A, ‘The governance had found’ is incorrect here. Instead we should use ‘the government’.
In part B, ‘attempts made’ is incorrect here. The sentence is in passive voice. ‘Attempts were being made’ should be the correct choice.
In part B, ‘to stigmatised’ is incorrect here. After ‘to’ we should use the present form of the verb, i.e ‘to stigmatise’.
- The spectre of large-scale community spade(A)/ by a few hundred attendee(B)/ from difference States(C)/ cannot be ruled out(D).
ABCDAll are correctOption D
In part A, ‘community spade’ is incorrect here. ‘Spade’ is a tool. We need ‘spread’ here which means the fact or process of spreading over an area.
In part B, ‘a few hundred attendee’ is incorrect here. Here plural noun is required after ‘a few hundred’, i.e ‘attendees’.
In part C, ‘difference States’ is incorrect here. ‘Different’ will be the correct choice here.
- States that already have cases(A)/ with a link by the Nizamuddin event(B)/ should now used the lockdown period to actively engage(C)/ in finding everyone which has attended the event(D).
ABCDAll are correctOption A
In part B, ‘with a link by’ is incorrect here. Here the preposition ‘by’ is incorrect. ‘With a link to’ will be the correct choice.
In part C, ‘should now used’ is incorrect here. After modals we should use the present form of the verb, i.e ‘use’.
In part D, ‘everyone which’ is incorrect here. After ‘everyone’ we should use ‘who’ as relative pronoun.
- The emerge of evidence of(A)/ a rise in Indian defence exports,(B)/ also accompanied to a decline in imports,(C)/ is a welcome development though the reasons for both is not identical(D).
ABCDAll are correctOption B
In part A, ‘The emerge’ is incorrect here. After the article we should use the noun form, i.e ‘the emergence’.
In part C, ‘accompanied to’ is incorrect here. Preposition is incorrect here. ‘accompanied by’ will be the correct choice.
In part D, ‘reasons for both is’ is incorrect here. As more than one reason is concerned here so ‘reasons for both are’ will be the correct choice.
- India cancelled involvement(A)/ in 2018 due to rising dissatisfy (B)/in delays with the project as well as the absent of(C)/ capabilities that would benefits a fifth generation fighter jet(D).
ABCDAll are correctOption A
In part B, ‘dissatisfy’ is incorrect here. After adverb ‘rising’ we should use noun, i.e ‘dissatisfaction’.
In part C, ‘the absent’ is incorrect here. After article we should use noun ‘the absence’.
In part D, ‘would benefits is incorrect here. After modals ‘s/es’ form of verb is not allowed. ‘would benefit’ will be the correct choice.
Directions(6-10): In the given question, a sentence is divided into four parts. There are errors in three parts. Choose the part which doesn’t have an error. If all the four parts are correct, mark E, i.e., ‘All are correct’ as the answer.