Directions(1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. if there is no error, the answer is (E).
- 1)The University Grants Commission /2) (UGC) is needlessly pushing IITs /3) to scrap their four-years /4) undergraduate programmes (FYUP).5)/ No error
1234No errorOption C
Replace four-years with four-year.
- 1)The two decisions that Mr. Rohatgi /2)references did not raised questions /3)about the right to /4) privacy as a whole. 5)/ No error
1234No errorOption B
Replace raised with raise.
- 1)It is common for lawyers to use /2)every strategy they can to /3)win cases but the Attorney /4) General is no ordinary lawyer. 5)/ No error
1234No errorOption E
- 1)It would be important for the more /2)vulnerable States,specially the border /3)States,to establish a counter terrorism /4)grid to deal about a range of threats.5)/ No error
1234No errorOption D
Replace ‘about’ with ‘with’.
- 1)India was the top consumer of /2)the metal in 2014 and the second /3)biggest after China in the /4)first quarter in this year.5)/ No error
1234No errorOption D
Replace ‘in’ with ‘of’.
- Mean business
Being serious about what you announceBeing constantly aware of the most recent developmentsPutting up a plan or idea into actionAdjusting quickly to changes and making fast decisionsNone of the aboveOption A
- Sail through something
Works very well or has the desired effect.Being successful in doing something without difficulty.Clever or expert way of doing something.Don’t delay in getting something done.None of the aboveOption B
- Back-room boys
Desirable position which is well-paid and considered relatively easy.People or things which are no longer useful or necessary.People who perform important work but have no contact with the public.lose the job.None of the aboveOption C
- Eat, sleep and breathe something
Being so enthusiastic and passionate about something that you think about it all the timeClever or expert way of doing something.lose the job.Examining a group of people and deciding their suitability.None of the aboveOption A
- Fling yourself into
Controlling your feelings to deal with a situation.Using the office photocopier for personal use.Being very eager and enthusiastic about the idea of doing something.Doing something with a lot of energy and enthusiasm.None of the aboveOption D
Directions(6-10): Choose the option which best expresses the meaning of the given idioms/phrases.