Directions: The following question has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits in the context of the sentence.
- The fee received is reasonably sufficient to cater to the _____________ expenses of SEBI, and it does not need to seek _____________ from the government.
fine, permissionrunning, fundingloan, moregradual, approvalregular, lessOption B
- Provocative content, _____________ information, _____________ videos and pictures are being disseminated through various online and mobile platforms.
upset, deformedinaccurate, doctorederroneous, illuminatingvague, personalmisleading, gamingOption B
“doctored” means ‘change the content or appearance of (a document or picture) in order to deceive; falsified’
- The original sin of nationalization of banks was considered necessary at the time, given the collusion between _____________ and _____________ then.
employees, employersgovernment, peoplecompanies, consumersindustry, financemarketing, advertisingOption D
- The _____________ of the Plastic Waste Management Rules require manufacturers of compostable bags to get a certificate from the Central Pollution Control Board, but this has not stopped _____________ products from entering the market
conditions, authentichonour, concedingprovisions, counterfeitfaucets, prerogativechoice, gildedOption C
- _____________ number of news/information portals are being set up as there are few entry _____________ unlike in the traditional media.
Umpteen, barriersNegligible, exitsReduced, pointsGradual, problemsDefinite, channelsOption A
- It is believed that laughter is an _____________ way of reaching wider audiences and engaging people who are less _____________ in the topic.
ideal, knowledgeagitation, hookedintense, knownexcellent, interestedoptional, goodOption D
- Currently, 11 of 21 listed PSB banks are under RBI’s prompt corrective action framework and _______ consolidating all NPAs would _____ an additional level of complexity.
knowingly, wantwillingly, trysimply, createquickly, developurgently, helpOption C
- A surprise pick by PM, the new _____________ minister remains a _____________ unknown entity to the financial world.
finance, relativelytextiles, importantresources, verylaw, lesseducation, generallyOption A
- Terms of chairpersons should align with the life of the loan, which would allow _____________ to be detected and penalties to be _____________ out as required.
nonpayment, forceddefaults, metedwithdrawals, givenevasions, takenbribery, strokedOption B
”meted out” means ‘to give or order a punishment or make someone receive cruel or unfair treatment’.
- Growth in India’s fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector is _____________ as lower spending in urban centres and slowdown in rural growth _____________ consumption.
dipping, foodfailing, imaginarydeclining, crimpemerging, halteliminating, queueOption C