Directions(1-5) : In each of the following sentence there are three blank spaces. Below each sentence there are five options and each option consists of three words which can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct.
- “Ultimately, my brother’s goal and my goal is almost the same. When we come before a mountain, the ways________to climb it can be different,” said Taizo. Taizo, who was known for his role in building Yahoo! Japan and _______ a multi-billion dollar online gaming company called Gungho in 2002, was in Bengaluru to announce the launch of Gastrotope, a start-up accelerator for Agri-food tech companies. For the 44-year old Taizo, the bet is always on the next big ________.
Made up, finding, hitForesaw, originating, launchPredicted, building, opportunityVisualized, making, breakEnvisaged, founding, waveOption E
- Publicis Groupe, a leading advertising agency,_______ that it will not participate in any award shows, drop promotional activities for one year, and instead, spend monies on developing an AI -powered professional assistant, Marcel. The decision _________many eyebrows in the industry but Mark Tutssel, chairman says, “awards are the barometer of our health. So, we would never ever walk away from them. That is ________ to even think.
proclaimed, heaved, ludicrousdeclared, hoisted, amazingdecreed, lifted, indignantannounced, raised, farcicalasserted, lowered, embarrassingOption D
- Agriculture’s contribution to India’s economy extends ________ the rural economy and _______ many activities in the manufacturing and service sectors. Export surplus from the country’s agricultural trade is higher than the ________ figure achieved by the manufacturing sector.
Below, include, analogousMoreover, higher, proportionateBeyond, encompasses, correspondingOutside, takeover, akinAbove, exclude, similarOption C
- A $2.6 billion deal with general electric, centered on building 1,000 diesel locomotives in Bihar, almost came unstuck recently, thanks to the _______ bureaucracy in the Railway Ministry. Bihar chief minister had to send desperate SOS ’ to the Railway Minister to get him to _________ in the matter and ensure that that the project was not cancelled. the contract, signed in 2015, was seen as a big _________ for both ‘Make in India’ scheme and for Bihar.
Muted, interfere, lossOverzealous, intervene, scoreHierarchical, demand, hitfanatic ,Meddle , Attainmentpassionate, stop, AchievementOption B
- A resolution for the return of Rohingya refugees is ________ for the security of both Bangladesh and india, mainly because of the link to terrorism of some Rohingya militants. Since Bangladesh cannot ___________ the Rohingya refugees back, the solution may _________ global opinion for political reforms in rakhine and for Myanmar to take its people back.
Necessary, push, mobilizeNeeded, throw, demandUnthinkable, pull, voiceUseless, kill, askEradicated, send, musterOption A
- Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement ?
The correct sequence of sentences will be DCAEFB.
- Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
- Which of the following would be the LAST sentence after rearrangement ?
- Which of the following would be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
- Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement ?
Directions(6-10): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.
(A) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), which had last intervened in the foreign exchange market in June 2009, was seen buying dollars to stem the rupee’s runaway appreciation.
(B) The bank had for so long resisted a rate increase, but finally toed the line of other banks as its cost of funds has gone up.
(C) The local currency recently rose to a 25- month high against the dollar on sustained capital inflows.
(D)Some interesting things have happened in the Indian financial system in the past few weeks.
(E) The RBI also announced a `12,000 crore buyback of government bonds from the market to infuse money into a liquidity-starved banking system.
(F) Finally, the State Bank of India, the nation’s largest lender, has raised its minimum lending rate, or base rate, by 10 basis points. (One basis point is one-hundredth of a percentage point)