Directions(1-5): In the passage given below there are 5 blanks. Every blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C), and (D). You have to tell which word is APPROPRIATE according to the context. If all are appropriate then mark your answer as “E”.
In the heat and dust that is the Indian general election in summer comes a ___1___ from the Himalayas. A tweet posted by the Indian Army claimed to have evidence of the mythical Himalayan monster, the Yeti. The tweet sent out from the official ___2___ Twitter account of the Indian Army’s Additional Directorate General Information posted photographs of footprints ___3___ near the Makalu Base Camp in eastern Nepal by members of a mountaineering expedition. For decades, the mysterious giant snowman, whether ___4___ or not, has fired the imagination of the adventurers and mountaineers venturing into the Himalayan heights, as part of the Nepali folklore. Although the Indian Army is not a regular exhibitor of such posts on its official channels of communication, the latest one created quite a stir. Apart from arousing excitement among the twiterrati , much of which it mixed with ___5____, the army was also at the receiving end with many rebuking it for propagating theories that are at odds with scientific claims.
- praiseblastimproveaccomplishAll are CorrectOption B
- gaudyrefutedverifiedbeliedAll are CorrectOption C
- tritanopicpurblinddazzledsightedAll are CorrectOption D
- abominabledesirablebeautifulappealingAll are CorrectOption A
- flatteryridiculeadoreacquiesceAll are CorrectOption B
- Which of the following sentences should be the SIXTH (LAST) after rearrangement? ABCDEOption B
- Which of the following sentences should be the FIRST after rearrangement? ABCDEOption D
- Which of the following sentences should be the FIFTH after rearrangement? ABCDEOption E
- Which of the following sentences should be the SECOND after rearrangement? ABCDEOption C
- Which of the following sentences should be the THIRD after rearrangement? ACDEFOption E
Directions(6-10): Rearrange the following SIX sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below.
A. With the fourth phase, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, two States in which the BJP and the Congress are in straight contests, started voting.
B. The BJP’s designs are to pick up a good number of seats in West Bengal to partly compensate for the losses that it is certain to face in the Hindi heartland where it had peaked in 2014.
C. The BJP had won 45 of these 71 seats in the 16th Lok Sabha and its allies held another 11, indicating how critical this phase was for the incumbent dispensation.
D. In the fourth phase of the 17th Lok Sabha election, 72 constituencies across nine States and including parts of Anantnag in Jammu and Kashmir went to the polls on Monday.
E. In 2014 the BJP had won all 25 seats in Rajasthan, and in Madhya Pradesh, 27 out of 29 seats. Violence in parts of West Bengal cast a shadow on the process and pointed to a volatile situation in the State that could lead to more violence in the coming phases.
F. In the remaining phases too this pattern will continue.