Directions: Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- The new airport is under construction and likely to operational in two years.
likely willwill be likelylikely to bein all likelihood beingNo correction requiredOption C
- If you want to complete this important assignment on time you must carefully planned.
careful to planplan carefullycarefully planningplanned carefullyNo correction requiredOption B
- The company’s first priority is to ensure that these policies are enforced in order to prevent frauds.
ensuredthat ensuringof ensuring toby ensuringNo correction requiredOption E
- During her studies finance, she returned to India to manage her family business.
She studied inDuring studyingWhile she studiesAfter studyingNo correction requiredOption D
- We are still submitted our proposal to the committee next week and will await their decision
are going to submitwill submit stillhave submittedwill be still submittedNo correction requiredOption A
- In these circumstances, they will not be able to meet the assign target to them.
targeted assignmentassigned targetassigning of targettarget assignedNo correction requiredOption B
- Banks must be ensured that 18 per cent of their loans is given to the agricultural sector.
are ensuredhave to ensurebeing ensuredshould be ensuredNo correction requiredOption B
- The government has announced several initiatives benefiting to factory workers.
beneficialfor benefiting towhich will benefitbenefited toNo correction requiredOption A
- A date for the committee meeting to discuss the details of the proposal has yet to be decided.
will be yet decidedis been decided yethave not been still decidedis not yet been decidedNo correction requiredOption E
- With the raining heavily the multi-storey office building was badly damaged and collapsed.
Owing to the heavy rainsBecause of raining heavilySince heavily it rainedIn raining heavilyNo correction requiredOption A