Directions: Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- Once the manager approves the plans, it was easy convinced the rest of the team.
was easily convincedwill be easy to convincehas easily convincedbeing easy to convinceNo correction requiredOption B
- During the meeting he discussed each of the suggestions and how they are could be implemented.
that they arewhy they couldhow it couldwhen there canNo correction requiredOption C
- When I studied engineering thirty years ago, there was less as ten female students in my class.
were smaller thanwas little aswas lower thanwere fewer thanNo correction requiredOption D
- When he finished his studies, there was a lot of pressure by him joining our family business.
on him joiningin his joiningon him to joinjoiningNo correction requiredOption C
- It is disappointment that the majority of farmers who took loans last year have failed to repay them.
is disappointment inis disappointing thatis to disappointhas disappointed toNo correction requiredOption B
- He has visited many places all over the city looked at the perfect location to set up his factory.
looking outlooking forlooking afterlooked forward toNo correction requiredOption B
- No traffic will be allowed in this area since the minister visit scheduled today.
minister’s visitminister is visitingminister’s visit isvisit of the ministerNo correction requiredOption C
- Medical treatment here is very expensive that they had to sell off their land to pay for it.
quite expensive andtoo expensive forso expensive butmore expensiveNo correction requiredOption A
- To be successful it is important to know why your failure in the past and ensure that it doesn’t happen again.
Why you had failedbecause you have failedthat your failurewhere you were failedNo correction requiredOption A
- These hand woven shawls are much in demand in many European countries.
were much demandare lots of demanddemanded muchwill be lot of demandNo correction requiredOption E