Directions(1-5): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- I had never had any serious injury or ailment in my life.
did never hadhave never beenwas never havehave never been havingNo correction requiredOption E
- I was touching with pity when I heard that he had died.
I was touched byI was touched withI had been touching withI had been touching byNo correction requiredOption B
- I would accept the offer if I were you.
even if I were youif I had in your placehad I being youhad been I in your placeNo correction requiredOption E
- The explorers had frozen to death due to extremely low temperature.
had become freezed to deathhad been frozen for deathhad frozen and diedhad been frozen to deathNo correction requiredOption E
- He found the torch there where he had left it.
where there he had leftthere he had leftwhere he had leftthere where he left itNo correction requiredOption C
- Which of the following will be the THIRD sentence?
- Which of the following will be the SECOND sentence?
- Which of the following will be the FOURTH sentence?
- Which of the following will be the FIRST sentence?
- Which of the following will be the FIFTH (LAST) sentence?
Directions(6-10): Rearrange the following FIVE sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below.
(A) During this ageing process, you had first heard statements such as: “You can’t ride your bicycle until you are seven” and, “You can’t drive a car until you’re 18.”
(B) But, you need to remember that part of you has an ageless mind and is quite oblivious to the physical ageing process — you just need to encourage it to overcome this excuse of being old.
(C)The age excuse of being too old comes from an inclination to identify yourself with the number of trips you have made around the sun.
(D)The age of your body can seem to be quite an obstacle on the road to changing long-held thinking habits.
(E) Then at some point you discovered that you went from being not old enough to being too old.