- Directions(1-5): The question below consists of a set of labelled parts. Out of the options given, select the most logical order of the parts to form a coherent sentence.
A. to be unconfirmed information
B. and speculation for which
C. nobody can be held accountable
D. from people we know happen
E. most WhatsApp forwardsADECBDECBAEDABCBDEACEDCBAOption C
- A. all voting will be done
B. to conduct electoral fraud
C. it absolutely impossible
D. on EVMs, a special
E. instrument that makesDEACBADECBEDABCBCEDACADBEOption B
- A. starting at Rs 149 and
B. called the Diwali 100% cashback
C. going all the way up to Rs 9,999
D. offer, it will give subscribers 100%
E. cashback on a range of tariff plans,ACEBDBDECAEACBDBDEACBADCEOption D
- A. the state government on
B. recruitment of 56,808 constables
C. including the fire department
D. Thursday announced fresh
E. for various wings of the state police,ADBECDECABABDECADBCENone of the aboveOption A
- A. its innovative single teacher school in remote rural
B. concerts and three galas across the US
C. and tribal parts of India has raised more than
D. USD 12 million this year so far through over 50 fund-raising
E. the Ekal Vidyalaya, known forDBEACEACDBECABDBDEACNone of the aboveOption B
- Directions(6-10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. Choose the sentence/option which is CORRECT (without any errors in it). If all sentences are incorrect, mark option E as your answer. He is the only person which made it to the top of the hill.The sheeps are heading towards the exit.Each citizen must do their part for the society.Whom am I supposed to talk to?All are incorrectOption D
Option A) While referring to a person, who should be instead of which.
Option B) Plural of ‘sheep’ is also ‘sheep’.
Option C) ‘Each’, ‘every’, ‘either’ and ‘neither’ are all used to refer to singular nouns . So the pronouns used for these words also need to be in singular form. Hence
‘their’ is incorrect.
- Two brothers disliked each other.Neither of the two brothers were selected.None of the students of this class have passed.Take these books and return their to the library.All are incorrectOption A
The errors are as follows:
B. With ‘neither’ singular verbs are used like ‘is’, ‘has’.
C. With ‘none’ also, singular verbs are used.
D. The word ‘their’ is incorrect here and must be replaced with the correct pronoun ‘them.’
- The bus reached its destination by time and the passengers were visibly elated by it.The bus reached its destination to time and the passengers were visibly elated by it.The bus reached its destination on time and the passengers were visibly elated by it.The bus reached its destination from time and the passengers were visibly elated by it.All are incorrectOption C
- Tractors are used by their fields to plough farmers.By farmers their tractors are used fields to plough.Their fields to plough tractors are used by farmers.Tractors are used by farmers to plough their fields.All are incorrectOption D
- I have no idea whom should I speak to about this problem.I have no idea to whom should I speak to about this problem.I have no idea to whom I should speak to about this problem.I have no idea to whom I should speak to about this problem.All are incorrectOption D