State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions (1-5) : Read each sentences to find out whether there is any error
in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of the part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is ‘e’. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
- Many animals and plants live in water (a)/ but not in the same kind of water (b)/ because not all water is the same. (c)/ Sea water, for instance, contains a lot of salt, fresh water contains very little. (d)/ No error (e)
- A sparrow has made a nest in Kesho’s house (a)/ and had laid eggs. Both Kesho and his sister Shyama (b)/ watched the nest for hours every day. (c)/ Even meal times were forgotten. (d)/ No error (e)
- A skilful advertiser may be able to create (a)/ practically a monopoly for himself. (b)/ not because his product is superior to (c)/ but because he has succeeded in inducing people to believe that it is (d)/ No error (e)
- Whatever may be the origin of speech, (a)/ we can be certain that man did not began (b)/ to feel the need to speak (c)/ until he began to live in communities. (d)/ No error (e)
- Each animal of the same species (a)/ looks for the same sort of food. (b)/ Also, there may be other animals of different species (c)/ competing with the same food. (d)/ No error (e)
- He went to the blast site to save his colleague who was stranding there
had been strandedhad to strandwas being strandingwas been strandingNo correction requiredOption A
- Had the opportunity been given to him he will have proved successful.
will have to provewill be provingwould have provedwould have provenNo correction requiredOption C
- The chairman approved the recommendations to the committee with partial modifications.
by the committee forof the committee withto the committeeat the committee inNo correction requiredOption B
- Everyone is requested to attend the dinner party hosted by the president.
is requesting tois requested towill request tois to requested toNo correction requiredOption E
- When I receive the letter, the date for the interview was already over.
I received the letterthe letter I had receivedI had to receive letterI was receivingNo correction requiredOption A
Directions (6-10) : Which of the phrases (a), (b), (c) and (d) given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence grammatically correct.. If the sentence is correct as it is & no correction is required, mark (e) as the answer.