State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions: Complete these sentences with a phrasal verb which means the same as the verb in brackets.
- It´s not such a terrible thing! Don´t worry! ________________!
laugh awaylaugh outcheer upcheer outAll are CorrectOption C
to become less sad, or to make someone feel less sad
- It´s too cold in here. Shall I ________________ the heating?
put onget upturn onturn upAll are CorrectOption D
to increase the amount of sound, heat, or light produced by a piece of equipment by pressing a button or moving a switch
- What does this word mean? I´ll _______ it ______ in the dictionary.
look outlook forlook inlook upAll are CorrectOption D
to try to find a particular piece of information by looking in a book or on a list, or by using a computer
- This horrible weather _______ me ________ .
puts downbreaks downworks downgets downAll are CorrectOption D
to make someone feel sad or lose hope
- I´ve missed many lessons, so now I´ll have to ________________ the other students.
catch up withlearn oncatch uphurry upAll are CorrectOption A
reach the same level, learn the same as the others
- His lung cancer was brought on by years of smoking.
precipitatedgeneratedcausedincurredAll are CorrectOption E
o cause something to happen, usually something negative. (The two parts of this phrasal verb can be separated by what’s happening.)
- I wanted to tell her that I got a new job but the chance never came up.
surfacedpauseddivereimbursedAll are CorrectOption A
To bring up a topic, or when something happens unexpectedly.
- When Linda’s cat had kittens, she gave them all away to good homes.
amalgamateaggregateprocureimpartAll are CorrectOption D
To hand things out for free. (Can be separated by the item being given away.)
- Sally was about to get on the plane, but she turned around when someone called her name.
meliorateflingrevolveveerAll are CorrectOption C
To move so that you’re facing the opposite direction.
- If you don’t know the meaning of a word, you should look it up in the dictionary.
despairfinddeclineworsenAll are CorrectOption B
To check the meaning of something. (Can be separated by the item being looked up).
Directions: Which of the WORD A, B, C, and D given below DEFINES the phrase printed in bold letters in the sentence. If all defines the phrase then mark E as the answer.