State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Direction :- In each of the following questions there are sentences that form a paragraph. There is an error in one of the parts. Mark the option which do not contain error.
- a. Exit poll is a post-voting poll which is conducted just after
b. a voter walks out after casting his and her vote.
c. Such polls aim at predicting the actual result on the basis of
d. the information collected from the voters.
e. They are conducted by a number of organizations.abcdbcdecdeadeabeabcOption C
and = or( a voter is singular)
- a. The world of science has lost an eminent physicist with the passing away of ECG Sudershan,
b. who had nominated for Nobel Prize several times
c. but missed the coveted honour every time.
d. His research interests spanned a wide range of fields from particle physics,
e. quantum optics, and quantum field theory to quantum information theory, gauge theories and classical mechanics.abcdbcdecdeadeabeabcOption C
had nominated = was nominated (the sentence preceeded is followed by “has” so a simple past is more apt than two perfects.)
- a. Considering the staggering rates of global expansion and technology development,
b. it’s impossible to imagine that there is even a sliver
c. of this planet that remains undiscovered or unexplored.
d. So there’s a certain comfort in knowing that,
e. even today, there are mysterious that remain unexplored.abcdbcdecdeadeabeabcOption A
mysterious = mystries
- a. Aleksandr Kogan, who created tools for Cambridge Analytica
b. which allowed the political consultancy to psychologically profile and target
c. voters, bought the data from the microblogging website in 2015,
d. before the recent scandal came to light,
e. The Sunday Telegraph reported.abcdbcdecdeadeabeabcOption C
allowed the political consultancy to psychologically profile is a restricted clause so which = that
- a. Raising the maximum permissible equity allocation for subscribers under the Active
b. choice to 75 per cent is a wise move, given that the earlier 50 per cent cap was set too low for
c. young workers who dominate the NPS subscriber base.
d. A retirement vehicle is primarily intends to
e. generate inflation-beating returns over the long run.abcdbcdecdeadeabeabcOption E
intends = intended (when sentence is in passive form, is = follwed by “past participle)
- (A) In 1979, a young soldier is working in China’s snow capped mountains /(B) when an explosion reveals bizarre fossils hidden deep /(C) under the mountain caverns. /(D) What they discover next will change his life and human history forever.
under = in(under is used when one thing covers other) here mountain contains sth. so in is apt.
- (A) The story follows the four British Pevensie siblings, /(B) who were evacuated during the Blitz to the countryside, /(C) where they find a wardrobe that /(D) leads to the fantasy world of Narnia.
sEntence is in present. so were = are
- (A) Shares of public sector lender, Dena Bank, slumped as much as 12.5 per cent on Monday /(B) as the Reserve Bank of India has initiated prompt corrective action against it. /(C) As part of this move, /(D) Dena Bank has now been barred from taking fresh credit exposure and also recruitment of staff.
- (A) A Bench of justices Sanjiv Khanna and Chander Shekhar said that the proviso to the /(B) clause of the CBSE’s January 22 notification prescribing upper age limit of 25 years /(C) in case of general category candidates and 30 years /(D) in case of reserved category candidates is “legal and valid“.
- (A) The WSP is a first-of-its kind online and classroom training programme /(B) designed to enable aspiring women systematically identify and test her business ideas. /(C) The course provides in-depth training to nurture and augment /(D) managerial and entrepreneurial skills through mentorship from industry veterans.
her = their (subject women)
Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.