State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
Click here to know the details of the Examination
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions: Which of the WORD A, B, C, and D given below DEFINES the phrase printed in bold in the sentence. If all defines the phrase then mark E as the answer.
- I broke out in a rash after our camping trip.
achievedchasedescapedcustodyAll are CorrectOption C
- We called around but we weren’t able to find the car part we needed.
telephonedaskedenquiredthreatenedAll are CorrectOption A
To call multiple places or people to try to get information about something
- Please cross out your old address and write your new one.
obliterateeraseexpungeeffaceAll are CorrectOption E
- With a comment like that, she is clearly trailing her coat, and I refuse to take the bait.
allayincitingsubduetranquilizeAll are CorrectOption B
To incite an argument. If one literally trails one’s coat, a passerby could easily step on it, thus creating a tense situation.
- My grandfather can get around fine in his new wheelchair.
ensconcebideevadefraternizeAll are CorrectOption C
coax or persuade (someone) to do or allow something that they initially do not want to. or deal successfully with (a problem).
- (A) While the Centre is accused of not /(B) attending to farm distress, /(C) its crop insurance cover and price support to pulses can /(D) make a difference over time.
is = has been (while shows continuation and work is completed in the past result of which still lingers)
- (A) Though PCA is invoked as soon as any bank hits the RBI’s /(B) maximum thresholds on these parameters, /(C) risk level 3 kicks in at extremes — when net NPAs top 12 per cent, /(D) core capital falls below 3.6 per cent and so on.
- (A) The Bommai rule was not observed when the Congress was the single largest party in Manipur and Goa. /(B) It is the best that this situation is resolved without the sort of ‘horse trading’ that is usually associated /(C) with hung verdicts. That cannot do /(D) the reputation of any of the political actors much good.
omit “the ” beore best
- (A) The RBI’s February circular that removed the old restructuring schemes /(B) and put forth a revised framework for recognising stressed accounts /(C) has resulted in sharp increases in slippages in the March quarter, /(D) resulting in many banks reporting significant losses.
- (A) The NPS was originally designed with a long lock-in period mainly due to the adverse /(B) experience with EPF, where frequent ‘advances’ left a majority of subscribers with a depleted /(C) retirement kitty. But after several tweaks to the rules in the past year, NPS now allowed investors to partly withdraw after three years, /(D) scarcely enough time for a market-linked vehicle to deliver results.
allowed = allows
Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.
One Thought to “English Test for SBI PO 2018 Prelim Exam – Set 25”
I have learn several just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot attempt you place to create any such magnificent informative web site.