State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Direction : In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks in each. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence.
- It has undoubtedly been an _________________ four years in office for the Modi government. Compared to an UPA government that was accused of ‘policy paralysis’, this one has been _________________ from the word go, perhaps even to a fault.
momentous, ambiguousconsequential, hesitanteventful, decisiveactive, conditionalnotable, desirableOption C
- With the financials of stressed public sector banks (PSBs) taking a _________________ turn for the worse, the RBI has been tightening the _________________ on their operations and lending activities under the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework.
rabid, contortsrapid, screwsspeedy, constrainsbrisk, crinklesexpeditious, aileronsOption B
- The _________________ hung verdict in the Karnataka assembly elections has delivered a subtle set of messages to all actors in the _________________ . For the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which has done remarkably well, raising its vote share from 20 per cent in 2013 to 36.2 per cent and its seats tally from 40 to 104, the fact of the matter is that it has fallen tantalisingly short of the majority mark of 113 seats.
optimistic, improveutopian, humorvisionary, coincidequixotic, fraychivalrous, agreementOption D
- Listed companies have _________________ to report fairly decent earnings growth for the March quarter of FY18 compared to the same period a year ago. But when the performance of banks is taken in to account, the numbers turn quite _________________ .
directed, affablesupervised, genialadministered, jocundmanaged, bleakconducted, brightOption D
- In yet another bid to _________________ the National Pension System (NPS), the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) proposed _________________ to it last week. There are three material changes. Private sector subscribers will henceforth be allowed to opt for a maximum equity exposure of 75 per cent in the Active choice instead of 50 per cent.
rationalise, tweakselongate, pinchessentence, wrenchesavenge, twingesdoom, apprehensionsOption A
- The Modi government’s moves need to be better thought through. It is yet to show ______________________ in its Make in India plan, even as a flood of cheap imports make jobs scarce. Investment remains stuck at multi-year lows. a. palpable perks b. tangible gains c. invisible cedes
Only a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly aAll are CorrectOption A
- The regulator is quite clearly hamstrung on flexing its muscles with State-owned banks. Two, these PSBs have so far ______________________ only a fraction of their stressed assets.
a. written off
c. taken into accountOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly cAll are CorrectOption E
- The BJP holds the natural advantage in the elections to come, even as it battles anti-incumbency in some States. The Congress seems to lack the ______________________ or the energy to provide a strong counter-narrative.
a. departmental odds
b. organisational cohesion
c. practical dissentOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption D
- Companies that are not performing too well tend to report their earnings towards the latter part of the earnings season. Also the set of results announced so far show that higher input costs are beginning to hurt manufacturing companies, as commodity prices have ______________________ in the March quarter.
c. moved higherOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly aAll are CorrectOption B
- A retail investor wishing to open an NPS account has to choose between two kinds of accounts, two ______________________, three life-cycle funds, four asset classes and eight fund managers.
a. ways of distribution
b. modalities of retention
c. modes of allocationOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption C
Directions: In each question a sentence is given followed by a blank. Each blank is followed by three options and you have to determine which option can be used in place of blank to make it a meaningful sentence and mark it as your answer.