State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.
- (A) Walmart has now announced an investment in Flipkart, India’s most promising e-commerce startup. /(B) The market has been waiting for a while for some investment activity to validate the longstanding /(C) potential India’s middle-class market promised. It has been estimated by Brookings and /(D) others that India’s consumption class is set to become the world’s largest.
for a while = omit “for”
- (A) In order to understand the role of nuclear weapons in South Asian grand strategies, one has to go back /(B) to the 1965 war. Pakistan’s Operation Gibraltar aimed to wrest back the control of Kashmir from India. /(C) The strategy didn’t work. India responded by opening another front in Punjab and Lahore was soon in the Indian Army’s sights. /(D) Nuclear weapons were suppose to solve this puzzle for Pakistan.
- (A) The Karnataka election results has left most analysts confused. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) /(B) has emerged as the single largest party but has not succeeded in forming the government. /(C) The Congress and Janata Dal (Secular), or JD(S) have formed an alliance and look set to form the government. /(D) The one clear conclusion that most observers have zeroed in on is: opposition unity will be key to defeating the BJP in 2019.
- (A) There are trade disputes. These are serious threats to the global economy and global financial assets. /(B) But which one, in particular, are threatened the most? /(C) The identification of the vulnerable ones constitutes my epiphanies. /(D) I think there are two of them. One is debt in emerging markets. The second is US commercial debt.
one = ones
- (A) India, the world’s seventh-largest economy, was a key beneficiary of falling crude oil prices /(B) between 2013 and 2015. An analysis by the newspaper, more than a year ago, indicated that almost the entire reduction of /(C) about 0.6% of the gross domestic product (GDP) in India’s fiscal deficit between FY14 and FY16 could be attributed to the sharp fall in /(D) crude prices. Lower crude prices also contributed to the narrower current account deficit.
indicated = had indicated
- a. Yesterday’s well-marked low-pressure on South-West Arabian Sea intensified into .
b. a depression around the same coordinates by the evening, India Met Department (IMD) said.
c. It expects the system to further intensify into a deep
d. depression (numbered tropical cyclone) and e. further into a named cyclone by later tonight or early tomorrow.abcdbcdecdeadeabNEOption B
on = over
- a. With crude oil prices now hovering around the $80/barrel mark, India’s new National Policy on Biofuel, announced last week, could not have been timed better.
b. Nobody can argue with the obvious benefits of the biofuels policy
c. at least in terms of intent. The policy significantly expand the sources
d. from which ethanol can be produced and also allows for blending ethanol from multiple bio feedstock
e. — and not just ethanol produced from sugarcane, as was the case earlier — with petrol.abcdbcdecdeadeabNEOption D
expand = expands
- a. The news last week that prices of Brent Crude oil (which is used as a global benchmark) had
b. crossed $80 a barrel in some markets must have created shock waves in policy circles of many
c. countries, especially India. Many oil-importing countries had grown
d. comfortable with — and even complacent about — the relatively low oil prices
e. that persisted after their precipitous drop during the middle of 2014.abcdbcdecdeadeabNEOption A
during = in
- a. The politics of Bengaluru at election time has once again turned out to be
b. very different from the city’s politics between elections.
c. Nowhere is this clearer than in the case of the politics of the steel flyover.
d. Between elections there was a movement against the steel flyover with the then minister
e. who was pushing the project, KJ George, being accused in popular debates of corruption.abcdbcdecdeadeabNEOption E
- a. Granted that everywhere in the world, including the best of democracies,
b. political intrigues and ugly games do get played out to grab power.
c. But there is some decency in following the basic rules
d. of the game. But our political bosses seem hell bend
e. on shoving the nation down the hall of shame.abcdbcdecdeaceabNEOption D
hell bend = hell bent
Directions: Choose the option as your answer which is error-free.