State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions: Which of the WORD A, B, C, and D given below DEFINES the phrase printed in Capital letters in the sentence. If all defines the phrase then mark E as the answer.
- Your radio is driving me crazy! Please turn it down.
rejectclosereducespendAll are CorrectOption C
to reduce the amount of sound, heat, or light produced by a piece of equipment by pressing a button or moving a switch
- It was a disgusting movie. It really turned me off.
temptedrepulsedbeguiledtitillateAll are CorrectOption B
- The teacher called on students in the back row.
gatherproducerecitemeetAll are CorrectOption C
ask to recite in class ; to produce a particular quality in yourself, especially by making a great effort
- Did he go through all his money already?
dissipateemployconsumeguzzleAll are CorrectOption C
to use, spend, or eat all of something, especially quickly
- Carlos ran into his English professor in the hallway.
dodgedivergeoutrageousmeetAll are CorrectOption D
- P: For one, very few entrepreneurs are willing to take on a new outsource, unless it comes with a guarantee of a certain level of sales.
Q: This invariably acts as an incentive for outsources to be lax in developing the business.
R: Despite being the dominant partner in the relationship, the outsourcer doesn’t always have all the advantages.
S: The trade refers to it as the minimum guarantee clause, which means that if a outsourcee is unable to reach an anticipated sales level, he will be compensated for the balance amount.RPSQRQSPPQRSRSQPAll are CorrectOption A
- P: For that we need people who possess not only high skills but high values as well.
Q: So the need of the hour is not only skill-based education but also value-inspired and value-based education.
R: When we talk of investing in education, a question arises as to what kind of education needs to be given to the youngster.
S: Our aim is to evolve not only an affluent society, but an egalitarian, just, humane and compassionate society.PQRSRSPQSQPRPSRQAll are CorrectOption B
- P- However, our environment also need some help from all of us to get maintained as usual to nourish our lives forever and to never ruin our lives.
Q- It gives us all things which we need to live our life on this planet.
R- It provides us better medium to grow and develop.
S- An environment includes all the natural resources which surround us to help in number of ways.PQRSSQPRPSRQSRQPAll are CorrectOption D
- P- The starting point can be the experience of a minority within society generally or even the experience of a group of people within a progressive social movement which does not live up to its progressive agenda in every respect.
Q- Within (or after) postmodernism a grand unifying theory no longer seems possible. This does not exclude the possibility or the necessity of dialogue.
R- The starting points of social criticism can be very different and the different forms of socialism never has a monopoly on Social Criticism.
S- Nevertheless most social critics still consider the Critique of capitalism to be central.PQSRPSRQRPQSSQPRAll are CorrectOption C
- P: And the victims are likely to be the poorest of the poor as well as the very sources of water- rivers, wetlands and aquifers.
Q: In India, water conflicts are likely to worsen before they begin to be resolved.
R: Till then they pose a significant threat to economic growth, security and health of the ecosystem.
S: Water is radically altering and affecting political boundaries all over world, between as well as within countries.RQSPQRSPPQRSSQPRAll are CorrectOption
The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. Out of the four options given, select the most logical order of the sentences to form a coherent paragraph.