State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions: One or more than one part contain error. Choose the option as your answer which contains error.
- (A) The only way the airlines can adopt some of these norms is by passing these costs to the passengers and this can only lead /(B) to a higher cost of flying, which was probably not what the Ministry intends. /(C) Hopefully, the 30-day window for consultations among all the stakeholders will iron out /(D) these issues before these norms are formally notified.
Both A & BBoth B & DOnly CAll except DNo ErrorOption B
B. intends = intended; D. these = the
- (A) US President Donald Trump is taking to the world to the brink with his abrasive, all-or-nothing style of diplomacy. /(B) It’s obvious now that no effort had made to lay the ground for a smooth summit with Kim Jong Un. /(C) That became clear when the North Koreans did not turn up /(D) for a preliminary round of talks in Singapore.
Both A & BOnly BBoth C & BAll except DNo ErrorOption A
a. taking to = taking B. had been
- (A) Protesters have time and again accused Sterlite of polluting the environment and threatening their livelihoods and health. /(B) This unit of Vedanta Resources, a global giant in this business, /(C) has studiously protested its innocence in courts including /(D) the National Green Tribunal and the Supreme Court.
Only ABoth B & DAll except COnly DNo ErrorOption A
livelihoods = livelihood
- (A) The death of 10 people as a result of police firing following public protests against Sterlite Copper in Thoothukudi /(B) is a clear case of mismanagement by the authorities. /(C) The Tamil Nadu government needs to own up responsibility for /(D) failing to intervene earlier or come up with a credible solution which could have avoided the bloodshed.
Both A & BOnly BBoth C & DAll except DNo ErrorOption E
- (A) The fact is that Trump has limited manoeuvring room dealing with North Korea. His every move will be watched by /(B) the key interested parties, South Korea, China and Japan. /(C) Bolton has said in the past that regime changed is the only option but that might involve raining down missiles on Pyongyang, /(D) which, in turn might aim its missile launchers at Seoul, only 35 miles from the DMZ border.
All except ABoth B & COnly CBoth D & ANo ErrorOption C
regime changed = regime change which is a phrase
lackadaisicalproactiveanergicsupineAll are CorrectOption B
retributionreparationcompensationremunerationAll are CorrectOption C
meticulouscompletethoroughcursoryAll are CorrectOption D
seasonablepliantdelinquentcomplaisantAll are CorrectOption C
tweakedbustedwrenchedpinchedAll are CorrectOption A
Directions: In the passage given below there are 10 blanks. Every blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C), and (D). You have to tell which word is APPROPRIATE according to the context. If all are appropriate then mark your answer as “E”.
The Civil Aviation Ministry’s draft passenger charter has been a long time coming. Given the NDA government’s ____1____ role in trying to bring some order in an industry where chaos is the norm, such a measure was expected sooner. The charter has several positives especially those relating to ____2____ for passengers for delays and cancellations. Earlier, the only way for redress was to make a beeline to the consumer courts. A ____3____ reading of the charter may suggest that the Ministry wants to come down hard on ____4____ airlines, but what it primarily does is bring in efficiency in the running of operations. In effect, it forces airlines to become more responsible, which will eventually benefit them and help in expanding their band of loyal customers. These draft norms are not out of the ordinary. Most countries, especially in the US and those in Europe have similar ones. The only difference is that the norms laid out by the European Union and the US Department of Transportation for their respective airlines were brought into force much earlier and since then, these have been repeatedly ____5____to conform to the changing landscape of the travel industry. Both these agencies have also ensured that the norms are implemented strictly without which such regulations remain only on paper.