State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Direction (1-5): In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks in each. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence.
- Index funds are mutual funds that are ___________________ to track the returns of a market index. Index derivatives allow investors to hedge their risk exposure to market. According to the NSE, these applications are now a multi-trillion dollar industry worldwide, and are ___________________ to market indices.
designed, linkedplanned, connectedpremeditated, chainedintentional, tiedAll are CorrectOption A
- Stable politics is far from their political ___________________ record. Some amongst this disparate group have an extremely dubious track record of governance. Some leaders are ___________________ and others include those who are either convicted or charged with serious allegations of corruption.
trail, orthodoxdog, moderatetrace, stalwarttrack, maverickAll are CorrectOption D
- Forecasts say the ‘low’ in the Arabian Sea could start weakening not too long after the onset and could slowly away, but the one in the Bay could become a ___________________ . While the latter would be headed into Myanmar and Bangladesh, a successor or two developing in the Bay in its ___________________ may cross the East Coast of India.
slump, pathdespondency, traindejection, trackdepression, wakeAll are CorrectOption D
- We are soon going to ___________________ the new electronics policy whose sub-segment will be export-oriented initiatives in the field of electronics. The idea is to make India a big hub of electronics manufacturing to ___________________ domestic as well as outside markets.
conciliate, afflictfinalise, serveensconce, supervisedetermine, presideAll are CorrectOption B
- The situation of Jnanesh and others would unlikely to have seen the media spotlight had they not been able to come together in a campaign ___________________ ‘Highly Skilled Migrants UK’ that was formed earlier this year, and has had regular protests outside Parliament, while also pursuing legal ___________________ .
crowd, avenuesmeets, avenuesgroup, avenuesarrange, avenuesAll are CorrectOption C
- Recently, the NSE has launched Nifty Equity Savings Index, which captures the performance of a portfolio having exposure to equity, ___________________ and debt instruments. This index is a total return index capturing price return and dividend/coupon income.
a. fund value
b. equity arbitrage
c. market valueOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption D
- Union Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Arun Jaitley said on Saturday that the ___________________ for the debate this year appropriately will be Prime Minister “Modi versus an anarchist combination.” He also mentioned that fifth year of this Government will focus on consolidation of the policies and programmes which it has implemented.
a. set of rules
b. list of policies
c. political agendaOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly cAll are CorrectOption D
- Expectations are that the ceding of space by the circulation would only spawn a line-up of peer systems/’low’s in the Bay, one after the other, during this week, fuelling the monsoon. The first of the series is expected to ___________________ over the East-Central Bay as early as tomorrow, driving the onset phase of the monsoon along with the counterpart off Kerala.
a. pop up
b. crop up
c. bob upOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly aAll are CorrectOption E
- India is aspiring to become a $1 trillion digital economy in next few years, ___________________ in areas like IT and IT enabled services, e-commerce, electronics manufacturing, digital payments and cyber security.
a. depending on conveniences
b. riding on opportunities
c. proceeding by erasOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly bAll are CorrectOption A
- Jnanesh, from Maharashtra, arrived in Britain nine years and eight months ago on a full Erasmus scholarship for an MSc in networking and e-commerce. Since then he’s worked ___________________ of mostly retail companies across Britain, and as an independent e-commerce consultant, earning and paying hundreds of thousands of pounds in taxes.
a. for a cause
b. of a crease
c. for a stringOnly a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly cAll are CorrectOption D
Directions: In each question a sentence is given followed by a blank. Each blank is followed by three options and you have to determine which option can be used in place of blank to make it a meaningful sentence and mark it as your answer.