State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
Click here to know the details of the Examination
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions(Q.1-5) In each of the following questions, a sentence with three words in bold type is given. One or more than one of these four words may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word(s) which is/are wrongly spelt or inappropriate. If all the words given in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark ‘E’ as your answer.
- The researchers looked for(a) a coke plant in Pennsylvania that had repeatedly violated air pollution norms. Over a few weeks, a robotic camera recorded(b) the smoke emissions and analysed the images to release statistics on the level of emission(c). This information was posted on an easily accessible public website.
Only a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly aNo Correction RequiredOption
for = at; c. emissions
- India is poised(a) to witness a number of transitions: in urbanization, demographics, infrastructure and energy systems. Indian cities will be home to one of the largest historical influxes(b) of people over the next few decades. It is estimated that two-thirds of the buildings that will exist(c) in 2030 have not been built yet.
Only a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly cNo Correction RequiredOption E
- Retail prices of petroleum production(a) differ across states in India on account of differences(b) in tax rates. Therefore, retail prices of petrol and diesel in Delhi are used as a point(c) of reference here.
Only a & bOnly b & cOnly bOnly aNo Correction RequiredOption D
production = products
- The 14th Finance Commission had raised the amount of untied(a) transfers from the centre to states while also reducing some of the centre’s obligations(b) to states. The result was a slight increase in aggregate transfers to states and greater autonomy(c) to use them as they wished.
Only a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly bNo Correction RequiredOption E
- The US government hit their(a) allies—Canada, Mexico and the European Union—with import tariffs on steel and aluminium last week, prompting threats of(b) retaliation. The latest skirmish, ahead of a crucial G-7 summit later this week, points to the ever-present risk of a trade war and the growing trend of protectionism at a time when the global economic recovery is still wobbly(c).
Only a & bOnly b & cOnly c & aOnly aNo Correction RequiredOption D
their = its
adjournkicked offinaugratedretractAll are CorrectOption B
cordiallyardentlyfrigidlychummilyAll are CorrectOption C
might bemay beperhapswould beAll are CorrectOption A
run torun inrun byrun-upAll are CorrectOption D
iratecollectedquiescentenjoyableAll are CorrectOption A
Directions: In the passage given below there are 5 blanks. Every blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C), and (D). You have to tell which word is APPROPRIATE according to the context. If all are appropriate then mark your answer as “E”.
There are a few certainties about the G7 meeting that ___1___ on Friday. The temperature will vary from extremely hot to ___2___ cold and, the chances are that it will turn into a high-level brawl. By now, at normal summits, the advance party of diplomatic sherpas would have finalised the draft statement even before the leaders arrive for their talkfest and the only task left would be to dot the i’s and cross the t’s. This time the diplomats are facing two disastrous alternatives: that there ___3___ no summit statement at all or that the statement will be made by only six out of the seven participants. Donald Trump, who till the very last minute, was not sure whether he would attend the meeting, finally let it be known that he would depart early, skipping the sessions on climate change and the environment. In the ___4___ to the summit, he exchanged angry tweets and phone calls with French President Emmanuel Macron, on whom he had lavished praise earlier in the year and had an/a ___5___ telephone call with Canada’s Justin Trudeau. He also dismissed Germany’s Angela Merkel and the UK’s Theresa May as too “politically correct”.
One Thought to “English Test for SBI PO 2018 Prelim Exam – Set 47”
Thanks for giving your ideas with this blog. Additionally, a fable regarding the banking companies intentions any time talking about home foreclosure is that the financial institution will not getreceive my installments. There is a certain quantity of time in which the bank can take payments every now and then. If you are also deep in the hole, they may commonly call that you pay that payment in whole. However, i am not saying that they will not take any sort of installments at all. In the event you and the bank can manage to work a little something out, the foreclosure approach may stop. However, in case you continue to miss payments within the new system, the foreclosure process can pick up from where it left off.