State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions: In the passage given below there are 5 blanks. Every blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C), and (D). You have to tell which word is APPROPRIATE according to the context. If all are appropriate then mark your answer as “E”.
He is leaving with the share price rising and the announcement, on October 18th, of earnings that were largely well ___1___. Better still, Kenneth Chenault, American Express’s chief executive for 16 years, accomplished a feat rare in the upper reaches of American finance: to stand down without an obvious helping shove. No grandstanding senators ___2___ him out. No boardroom coup hastened the end. The financial crisis left him untouched. His successor, Stephen Squeri, promoted from within and apparently ___3___ for the job, takes over in February.
For all that, Mr Chenault’s long tenure has not been an ___4___ triumph. Though generating strong returns on assets and equity, American Express has continued its ___5___ within the fast-changing and competitive payments industry. According to Nilson, an industry bible, in 1974 the amount of money for purchases channelled through American Express was equivalent to 50% of what went through MasterCard and 70% of what went through Visa. By 2016, those ratios had shrunk to 30% and 14%.
spuriousreceivedseparateconsignedAll are CorrectOption B
pacifiedassuagedhoundedallayedAll are CorrectOption C
groomeddowdypattedsoothedAll are CorrectOption A
obscuredoubtfulequivocalunequivocalAll are CorrectOption D
shambleslidetrudgestumpAll are CorrectOption B
- (A) Improved telecom and Internet penetration, availability of skilled manpower for providing IT services, /(B) entrepreneurship exhibited in building ICT start-ups, /(C) along with government embracing ICT in its operations and services are enabling /(D) India to play a significant role in the digital economy.
- (A) Every country generally levies different tariff rates on the same product it imports depending /(B) on whom it is trading with. The World Trade Organisation, established in 1995 /(C) and headquartered in Geneva, has a staff of 600 people just to push /(D) pen and paper to these complex deals between nations.
- (A) The sheer absence of safe, piped drinking water and its replacement by an omnipresent packaged /(B) drinking water industry tells a story – of both the State and sections of society /(C) abdicating its responsibilities in maintaining water bodies. The report should expand the scope of its /(D) inquiry to look at socio-economic aspects.
its = their
- (A) The NITI Aayog’s Composite Water Management Index, which ranks States on water management /(B) on the basis of nine parameters, once again remind us that India is in the grip of a /(C) water crisis that needs to be addressed /(D) on a war footing.
remind = reminds
- (A) There have been many studies that analyse the impact of ICT stock variables such as mobile and broadband penetration, /(B) on economic development. However, there are not many studies /(C) that analyse digital data flows that /(D) characterise digital economy.
Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.