State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
Click here to know the details of the Examination
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Direction (1-5): In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks in each. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence.
- The BJP blamed the PDP for failing to improve the security conditions in the Kashmir Valley. Madhav _____________ last week’s killing of senior journalist Shujaat Bukhari in the heart of Srinagar in the highly secured area of Press Enclave by _____________ gunmen.
hidden, nonidentifiedcovert, disidentifiedcited, unidentifiedobscure, disidentifiedAll are CorrectOption C
- More Warren Buffett than The Wolf of Wall Street, Bakhshi is a career banker who has now successfully run the insurance piece of the financial services _____________ of the ICICI Group of companies. He’s done this before—come into a bad situation and turned it _____________ .
fascism, aroundsubjugation, outempire, aroundrevolt, outAll are CorrectOption C
- Curious tourists and locals looking for a break from city life once _____________ to the streets of Dasve, but now they now look deserted. Many restaurants and coffee shops on the promenade facing the lake have _____________ . The number of visitors has dropped in the past two years, said Mukesh Kumar, a general manager at the Waterfront Shaw, a 43-apartment hotel.
flocked, freeflocked, expelflocked, admitflocked, shutAll are CorrectOption D
- Parameswaran takes over the role from Amit Jain, who has been _____________ with heading Uber’s entire Asia Pacific business, including countries such as Australia, New Zealand and North Asia. Jain’s _____________ was part of a broader strategy that indicated Uber’s intention to focus on markets such as Australia and take on Ola, which also recently launched its service in that country.
tasked, elevationcharged, deepnessadventured, summitlaboured, promotionAll are CorrectOption A
- Bitcoins or cryptocurrencies, in general, are like digital currencies and act like a _____________ or an asset class. However, bitcoins are mined like gold. If _____________ properly and taken the right investment risk, you could be successful in mining your own bitcoins. Bitcoin was first introduced in 2009, when the algorithm was created under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto.
atrocious, extractedhard, excavatedtender, minedmasculine, burrowedAll are CorrectOption C
fictioussurrealtangiblestarkAll are CorrectOption C
scrutinizeingrainundertakemissAll are CorrectOption D
hauldivemovementstepAll are CorrectOption D
obviateinvokepermitfosterAll are CorrectOption A
ingooutupAll are CorrectOption D
Directions: In the passage given below there are 5 blanks. Every blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C), and (D). You have to tell which word is APPROPRIATE according to the context. If all are appropriate then mark your answer as “E”.
The first ___6___ sign of the achche din (good times) promised by PM Narendra Modi on the campaign trail is now here for all to see. With a big bang that bears the hallmark of successful political packaging that no intended beneficiary can ___7___, the new government has launched its financial inclusion project. The Jan Dhan Yojana leverages the achievements of the Unique Identity Project and the National Payments Corporation of India as well as the banking network’s own inclusion efforts of the past. The effort will also draw in the RBI-mandated RuPay service that will complement, and compete with, what Visa and MasterCard do by way of facilitating payment transactions involving the card issuing bank, the merchant and the bank that supplies the card-swipe machine. This is a huge ___8___ forward.
At the same time, this does not, in any way, ___9___ the need for more and more diverse players in the banking sector. Because of the high priority attached to opening new accounts by the Prime Minister, the banks might enrol a host of new customers. But banks do not have the manpower or infrastructure to service them on a regular basis. Mobile technology and an army of banking correspondents who wield mobile interfaces between customers and banks are needed to achieve functional financial inclusion. There can be no let ___10___, in other words, on the RBI’s plans to create a mobile technology-based supplement to brick-and-mortar banking.