State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions: In the passage given below there are 5 blanks. Every blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C), and (D). You have to tell which word is APPROPRIATE according to the context. If all are appropriate then mark your answer as “E”.
People sit for hours in cars and buses without the facility of reclining seats and do not come to ___1___ . The average chairs in offices are also not similarly ___2___ , but their occupants complain little. So what is it about airline trips, however brief, that makes passengers want to lie ___3___ and enjoy it? Clearly, it is a matter of some importance as an aircraft in the US had to make an emergency landing this week to offload two passengers who faced off over this very issue. Its seriousness can also be ___4___ from the fact that not only have gadgets been ___5___ for passengers to prevent other passengers from reclining their seats, many airlines have included these contraptions in their list of illegal items, alongside other such airborne hazards as weapons, pickles, nail clippers and matches.
comfortsblowscalmsconservesAll are CorrectOption B
strippedimpromptuequippeddestituteAll are CorrectOption C
backforwarddesirousadvanceAll are CorrectOption A
consideredcomputedgaugedguessedAll are CorrectOption C
lentdevisedbeggedpledgedAll are CorrectOption B
- (A) What is certain is the adage that behind every crisis in Pakistan is the hand of the military, /(B) or you can find it waiting to exploit the situation for its advantage, /(C) which consists of taking charge or /(D) institutionalising its role in key areas of national security and strategy.
for = to
- (A) The debate is old, and suggestions favouring a watchdog body with fuller powers as well as more media /(B) self-regulation without such a watchdog have been made. /(C) The former argues that bodies like the Press Council of India are ineffectual /(D) and a body with adequate legal powers are required.
are = is
- (A) Airlines are squarely to blame for ‘optimising’ inside their cabins /(B) so efficiently that reclining passengers’ heads come /(C) within two inches of the crania of those behind them /(D) and also lock their knees into immobility.
- (A) The separation of powers means the Supreme Court (SC) /(B) was quite right in not laying down a law against having ministers facing criminal or corruption charges. /(C) The norms of representative democracy imply that a person assuming the role of a legislator, or a minister appointed by a chief minister or the PM, /(D) has every right to continue in that role unless found guilty of wrongdoing in a court of the law.
the law = law
- (A) The number of minister at the state and central level with such cases has always been high. /(B) Reportedly, 30% of ministers in the current Cabinet have a criminal record, more than half of whom face /(C) serious criminal charges. /(D) Obviously, this points to a deep-rooted malaise.
minister = ministers
Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.