State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Direction (1-5): In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks in each. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence.
- It is disappointing, to say the least, that yet another board meeting of the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) should _____________ without any updates to the investing public about the findings of investigative agencies, identity of _____________ or precise nature of enforcement actions in the NSE co-location case.
conclude, perpetratorsterminate, intrudersdetermine, investorsdeduce, executorsAll are CorrectOption A
- NSE has seen a couple of high-level resignations and has improved its data _____________ process. SEBI too has _____________ the bourses’ colo revenues, issued show cause to 13 unnamed entities and required the free sharing of tick-by-tick data by the exchanges.
assemblage, integrateddissemination, sequesteredcompilation, revealedcurtailment, farraginousAll are CorrectOption B
- To pre-empt concentration, the shareholding of eligible entities has been capped at 15 per cent both in Depositories and Clearing Corporations, with the _____________ of a Sponsor for a depository done away with. To prevent the capture of top management in MIIs by select individuals, a 50 per cent representation has been _____________ for Public Interest Directors with a cap on their terms.
concrete, mandatedcorporeity, mandatedconcept, mandatedcoincidence, mandatedAll are CorrectOption C
- It is now clear that China, EU, Turkey and India have decided to take on the US, as the latter _____________ up its protectionist practices. Those who believed earlier this year that the Trump administration’s _____________ trade rhetoric was merely a ‘deal-making’ strategy against powerful trade partners, have probably been proved wrong.
spokes, conciliatorylatches, benignbraids, affableratchets, belligerentAll are CorrectOption D
- While the US will come under increased pressure to play by the trade rule-book rather than cock a _____________ at it, its economy is strong enough to _____________ some of this pushback for a while. The question is who will blink first: China or the US.
shirk, spewmooch, distractsnook, absorbprowl, alienateAll are CorrectOption C
couldmightmaywouldAll are CorrectOption C
somberincandescentobscurelacklusterAll are CorrectOption B
axescalpelammunitionlancetAll are CorrectOption A
tersenessatrophybrevitylongevityAll are CorrectOption D
migratoryenergeticsedentaryzippyAll are CorrectOption C
Directions: In the passage given below there are 5 blanks. Every blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C), and (D). You have to tell which word is APPROPRIATE according to the context. If all are appropriate then mark your answer as “E”.
Going forward into the past in the name of energy conservation ___6___ be the next big brainwave from the EU as slowly but surely, people in Europe are being forced to switch off from high-wattage household appliances.
After coming down on vacuum cleaners last month — and flat-screen TVs and ___7___ bulbs earlier — toasters and electric kettles are now rumoured to be in the EU firing (or de-wiring) line as part of plans to reduce electricity consumption. The result, of course, is a run on these high-end variants before the ___8___ falls, though there is obviously no real need to have carpet cleaners or baguette browners with racing car-size motors.But if the idea is to cut down on fossil fuels in the long run, why not consider a total ban on these gadgets?
Not only will this practically eliminate greenhouse gas emissions, the consequent rise in use of human energy — an eminently renewable resource — could lead to an all-round improvement in health as well. A study released this week asserts that standing for longer periods can promote ___9___ , so there is even some scientific justification for any extended hours of housework that may be necessitated by a possible future blanket EU ban on appliances that promote ___10___ habits. With a power crisis looming darkly over India, will it look to EU for such bright ideas?