State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions: The following sentences have to be arranged in the proper sequence, so as to form a meaningful paragraph. On the basis of your sequencing, answer the questions that follow
A. The trade war brewing between the US and practically all others could do serious damage to global growth, if it does actually break out.
B. The good news is that countries are gathering forces to resist US unilateralism, in which case, the war could possibly be contained and its damage minimised.
C. To begin with, let us be clear that what will hurt India is not limited to its trade with the US or trade in general.
D. The proposed steep tariff is more than 10 times the weighted average American tariff on all merchandise imports of just 2.4%.
E. If it does manage to crimp Chinese exports, and, because of retaliatory tariffs, American exports to China, the Chinese economy would be hurt, the supply chains of giant companies around the world, with Apple being just one of them, would be disrupted, the markets would tumble, currencies turn volatile and growth suffer everywhere.
- After the rearrangement of sentences, what will be the second sentence?
- After the rearrangement of sentences, what will be the fourth sentence?
- After the rearrangement of sentences, what will be the first sentence?
- After the rearrangement of sentences, what will be the last sentence?
- After the rearrangement of sentences, what will be the third sentence?
- The World Trade Organisation would stand exposed as a toothless outfit and the rules-based world favoured by countries like India and all others that cannot afford to live by the ______________ that might is right would turn into a fond memory. The unilateral US exit from the Iran nuclear deal has already shown the current US administration holds the rules-based world and its commitments to it in _____________.
owlery, scorndelirium, disdaindictum, contemptdenial, derisionAll are CorrectOption C
- The two biggest individual stars of the contemporary soccer ______________, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, are both out of the tournament. They also serve, perhaps, those who _______________ and watch, but win the trophy for his country, neither Messi nor Ronaldo can. Their respective teams, Argentina and Portugal, have been eliminated from the tournament.
terrain, waitdescends, standperdition, waitfirmament, standAll are CorrectOption D
- A star player on the side might even be a handicap. He would be ______________ in by great expectations, other team members habitually pass the ball to him, trusting him to strike home. This expectation builds pressure, which, too, proves ______________.
pulled, effectivehemmed, counterproductivedeprived, activeevacuated, productiveAll are CorrectOption B
- The storm troopers of Twitterverse unleashed their _______________ on the external affairs minister, whom they derisively nicknamed ‘Visa Mata’. She was abused. Her own kidney transplant was mocked as an ‘Islamic kidney’. Swaraj hit back, exposing some of the __________________ handles by sharing some of the tweets she said she was “honoured with”.
equanimity, offensivecomposure, abusivevitriol, abusiveaplomb, abusiveAll are CorrectOption C
- Tweet as Screech It’s a fact that Twitter can be a toxic waste dump where trolls roam in _______________ spoiling for a fight. And it’s also a fact that outspoken women online _____________ the brunt of it, rape threats and all.
swarms, bearrefuges, endureretirements, sufferflinches, tolerateAll are CorrectOption A
Direction (6-10): In each question below a sentence is given with two blanks in each. Each question is followed by four options with two words in each. You have to select that option as your answer which can fill both the blanks of the sentence.