State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions.Q(1-5): In the following questions two columns are given containing three sentences/phrases each. In first column, sentences/phrases are A, B and C and in the second column the sentences/phrases are D, E and F. A sentence/phrase from the first column may or may not connect with another sentence/phrase from the second column to make a grammatically and contextually correct sentence. Each question has five options, four of which display the sequence(s) in which the sentences/phrases can be joined to form a grammatically and contextually correct sentence. If none of the options given forms a correct sentence after combination, mark (e), i.e. “None of these” as your answer.
- Coloumn (1)
A. Man is known by the company he keeps
B. Pressure is something
C. Life kind of coasted by
D. that we all go through at different points in our lives.
E. it’s something that helps you develop through time.
F. and adulthood where you are forced to make decisionsA-EC-FA-FB-D & B-ENone of theseOption D
- Coloumn (1)
A. Pisces represents our dreams and imagination,
B. Forget about the pressure
C. You know what you want,
D. while dreams are manifesting.
E. while Capricorn symbolizes our reality and raw ambitions.
F. you’ve never felt better.A-DA-EC-FB-ENone of theseOption B
- Coloumn (1)
A. He is regarded by the Encyclopædia Britannica as the foremost prose satirist in the English language,
B. He was a master of two styles of satire
C. He originally published all of his works under pseudonyms
D. as such the second child & the only son
E. the Horatian and Juvenalian styles.
F. and is less well known for his poetry.C-DA-FC-D & B-EA-F & B-ENone of theseOption D
- Coloumn (1)
A. The limits to procurement are best affirmed
B. Without using support prices to serve populist ends,
C. There can be no denying the role of procurement
D. is not needed to hold stocks hugely
E. MSP will not run foul of WTO rules
F. they must be supplemented by a drive to improve the PDS networkA-DB-FB-EC-DNone of theseOption B
- Coloumn (1)
A. To build a generous retirement kitty
B. EPFO seems to be quite confused and
C. EPFO members who are without employment for one month
D. EPFO who are looking to take a career break to pursue higher education
E. will now be allowed to withdraw 75 per cent of their accumulated balance
F. is likely to be cheered by the more affluent members of the EPFOC-FB-EC-EA-DNone of theseOption C
- Madhya Pradesh tried an alternative/ the difference between the market price (A)/ and the MSP, but traders took advantage by artificially depressing prices (B)/ to state procurement: paying the farmer (C)/so that the state would pick up the tab(D).
ACDBDBACCABDBACDNone of theseOption C
Madhya Pradesh tried an alternative to state procurement: paying the farmer the difference between the market price and the MSP, but traders took advantage by artificially depressing prices so that the state would pick up the tab.
- While the lieutenant governor / unless faced with an emergency(A)/ any decision of the government he finds problematic, (B)/ has the power to refer to the President (C)/ the court is clear that the lieutenant governor has no powers himself, (D)/
DABCABDCCBDABDACNone of theseOption C
While the lieutenant governor has the power to refer to the President any decision of the government he finds problematic, the court is clear that the lieutenant governor has no powers himself, unless faced with an emergency, and that if every decision is referred to the President, that would vitiate the purpose of having a council of ministers in Delhi.
- The need is to create market linkages,/ free farmers from the stranglehold of middlemen, (A)/ and institute organised retail to raise competition. (B)/ India also needs a robust futures market for (C)/ better price discovery to raise farm incomes(D).
BDACACBDBACDCDABNone of theseOption E
The need is to create market linkages, free farmers from the stranglehold of middlemen, and institute organised retail to raise competition. India also needs a robust futures market for better price discovery to raise farm incomes.
- The proposal entails / so that they can provide for the haircuts they take, (A)/ which has started showing signs of strengthening(B)/ immediate recapitalisation of the banks,(C) / and regain the capacity to lend, to finance growth, (D)
BCDADABCCADBADBCNone of theseOption C
The proposal entails immediate recapitalisation of the banks, so that they can provide for the haircuts they take, and regain the capacity to lend, to finance growth, which has started showing signs of strengthening.
- It is neither necessary nor desirable /But the Station House Officer (SHO) (A)/ in its administrative territory (B)/ should have a current list of all WhatsApp admins in his area(C)/ for every police station to know all the WhatsApp messages being shared (D)/
ACBDBACDBDCADBACNone of theseOption D
It is neither necessary nor desirable for every police station to know all the WhatsApp messages being shared in its administrative territory. But the Station House Officer (SHO) should have a current list of all WhatsApp admins in his area.
Directions.Q(6-10: Given below the sentences each of which has been divided into five parts out of which the first part has been marked bold. Each of the questions is then followed by the five options which give the sequence of the rearranged parts. You must choose the option which gives the correct sequence of the parts. If the sentence is already arranged or the correct sequence doesn’t match any of the given sequence, mark (5) .i.e. “None of these” as your answer.