State Bank of India (SBI) is going to conduct examination for its recruitment for the post of Probationary Officers (SBI PO 2018) for a total of 2000 vacancies.
The examination will be held in three phases i.e. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview. The Preliminary Exam is scheduled on 1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018. Details of the exam are as under:
Practice the questions so as to familiarize yourself with the pattern of questions to be asked in the exam.
Directions: In the passage given below there are 5 blanks. Every blank has four alternative words given in options (A),(B),(C), and (D). You have to tell which word is APPROPRIATE according to the context. If all are appropriate then mark your answer as “E”.
They lack the magic of “Harry Potter” and ____1____ even less laughter than “Police Academy”, but the sequels keep coming. In Santiago on November 28th and 29th the committee of central bankers and supervisors from nearly 30 countries that draws up global bank-capital standards is due to thrash out revisions to Basel 3, the ____2____ agreed on after the financial crisis of 2008. European (and some Asian) bankers and officials fear additional capital requirements are coming; Americans are all for the changes. Stand by for a standoff in Chile.
Spurred by Basel 3, banks have ____3____ billions into capital cushions that the crisis showed to be woefully thin. Between mid-2011 and the end of last year, 91 leading lenders ____4____ their common equity by €1.4trn ($1.5trn), or 65%, according to the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), which provides the Basel committee’s secretariat. The ratio of equity to risk-weighted assets, an important regulatory ____5____ , climbed from 7.1% to 11.8%. Although Basel 3 need not be fully honoured until 2019, most banks are far above the minimum of 4.5% (additional buffers, some at national level, raise the actual floor much higher).
appeaseprovokeplacateconciliateAll are CorrectOption B
ideacommitteeversionhapAll are CorrectOption C
stuffedensuredhavecollectedAll are CorrectOption A
reducedchallengedbolsteredhinderedAll are CorrectOption C
decriptcomputeprelimgaugeAll are CorrectOption D
- (A) It was an English court which in 1924 laid down the principle that, “justice should not only be done, /(B) but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.” /(C) That’s a golden precept that Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and /(D) the BJP government should keep in mind when dealing with the judiciary.
ABCDNo ErrorOption E
- (A) Lawyers at the Calcutta High Court /(B) just have ended a long strike after /(C) five judges were appointed, bringing the number /(D) to 37 compared to its full strength of 72.
ABCDNo ErrorOption B
just have = have just “just” here being an adverb must be put after verb which it modifies.
- (A) The keenness for a settlement was reflected in the Global Times, /(B) which even-handedly outlined both countries’ grouses with each other. “The Doklam stand-off did /(C) not happen all of a sudden, but was the result of accumulation of mistrust /(D) between the two countries,” said the newspaper.
ABCDNo ErrorOption D
accumulation = THE accumulation
- (A) The leaders of North and South Korea have just met and Kim Jong Un /(B) is even expected to meet President Trump in the very near future. It can’t be entirely unconnected /(C) Xi decided it will be good to put /(D) away the hatchet with India for the moment.
ABCDNo ErrorOption C
will = would (past)
- (A) The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has done the right thing by disallowing any /(B) operator with more than 30 per cent of the subscribers or revenue share to indulge in /(C) predatory pricing but it should have extended the definition to include players that /(D) are dominant in a specific category of service or traffic volume.
ABCDNo ErrorOption E
Directions: In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.