Directions(1-5): Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (E) ie ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- There was concern is this was only one woman member, and the complainant raised the issue of the proximity of one of its members, Justice N.V. Ramana, with the CJI.
as there was onlythat there was onlythat there is onlythat it was onlyNo Correction RequiredOption B
- At a time when the level of bad loans at commercial banks continues to remain worryingly high, worsening their combined capital to risk-weighted assets ratio (CRAR), it is inexcusable that the RBI continues to keep the largest lenders to banks, the depositors, and the public in the dark on the specific loan accounts that are endangering the banking system’s health and viability.
continues in keepingcontinues to keepingcontinued to keeplikely to keepNo Correction RequiredOption E
- Automotive emissions, especially in congested cities, has risen because steady economic growth, proliferation of vehicles and more vehicle kilometres travelled.
risen becauserisen because ofhas risen because ofhave risen due toNo Correction RequiredOption D
- The minimum income guarantee scheme as promised by Congress in its manifesto has not become a defining topic, much to the party’s disappointment.
promised by the Congress inpromised by Congress foras promised by the Congress inpromise made by the Congress forNo Correction RequiredOption A
- The ease with which Mr. Biden raised $6.3 million in 24 hours as he mae declaration his entry into the race suggests that he has the support of big money as well.
as he announcedsince he announcedlike his declarationsince his announcement ofNo Correction RequiredOption B
- (A) The Reserve Bank of India has been given a “last opportunity” by the Supreme Court to stop being in “contempt” /(B) of the court’s clear and unambiguous order of December 2015. /(C) Ruling on a batch of contempt petitions against the RBI, a two-judge bench directed it to furnish all the information relating to inspection reports and other material sought by Right to Information (RTI) petitioners, /(D) save material exempted by the court’s earlier order particularly on the grounds that it had a bearing on the security of the state.
all the information =all information
- (A) The decision taken by Maruti Suzuki, India’s largest passenger vehicle manufacturer, /(B) to eliminate diesel models from April 1, 2020, /(C) when the Bharat Stage VI emission /(D) standard is introduced, mirrors emerging global trends.
- (A) In the fourth phase of the 17th Lok Sabha election, 72 constituencies in nine States and including parts of Anantnag /(B) in Jammu and Kashmir went to the polls on Monday. The BJP had won 45 of these 71 seats in the 16th Lok Sabha and /(C) its allies held another 11, indicating how critical this phase was for the incumbent dispensation. /(D) In the remaining phases too this pattern will continue.
in = across
- (A) Former Vice-President Joseph Biden has finally announced his candidature for the 2020 U.S. presidential election. /(B) Though the 20th candidate to join the race for the Democratic ticket, /(C) he is among the most prominent — he comes with both administrative and /(D) legislative experience and has support among establishment Democrats.
candidature = candidacy
- (A) Two years after the Belt and Road Initiative forum was unveiled with fanfare, Chinese President Xi Jinping’s /(B) addressed to the second BRI forum was a clear indication that Beijing is coming to terms with the pushback his ambitious project has received. /(C) Mr. Xi’s speech to 37 heads of government and the UN Secretary General and the IMF Managing Director had many significant takeaways, including a stated commitment to “transparency and sustainability” of BRI projects, /(D) and to greater debt sustainability in the “financing model” of the Belt and Road under new guiding principles.
addressed = address
Directions(6-10): In each of the following questions there are sentences. There is an error in one of the parts. Mark the option which contains error parts as your answer. If no part contains error mark option E as your answer.