Directions (1-10): In each of the following questions one sentence is given with a word in bold, choose the most similar meaning of that word and mark it as your answer.
- Ploy : If the prosecutor’s ploy does not work, a guilty man could go free.
- Boisterous : Your boisterous actions at church cannot be tolerated.
- Longevity : The politician’s longevity in office will be determined by voter popularity.
- Frenetic : Yesterday the sales floor was even more frenetic than usual because of the big clearance sale.
- Angst : There was no sign of her inner angst in her deep brown eyes or on her beautiful features.
- Appellate : The judges have appellate jurisdiction of cases civil and criminal coming up from the lower courts.
- Deterrent : The stop sign on the corner is supposed to be a deterrent that discourages speeding.
- Plebiscite : Few voters participated in the plebiscite so the proposal received little objection.
- Defiant : The defiant child threw a tantrum when it was time to go to bed.
- Overt : Because of Frank’s religious beliefs, he was able to forgive his attackers for their overt hatred.