Directions (1-10): In each of the following questions one sentence is given with a word in bold, choose the most similar meaning of that word and mark it as your answer.
- GENOCIDE : People were seeking shelter in India from genocide in East Pakistan.
tolerationexterminationendurancevitalityAll are correctOption B
GENOCIDE (NOUN): the deliberate killing of a large group of people Synonyms: massacre, slaughter Antonyms: birth, creation
- DISSIDENT : Afghan refugees have never been given space in India nor should Baloch political dissident.
orthodoxaffirmativepedantmaverickAll are correctOption D
DISSIDENT (NOUN): protester Synonyms: discordant, sectarian Antonyms: agreeing, conforming
- NAIVE : These all the boys are completely naïve.
sophisticatedshrewdgulliblewaryAll are correctOption C
NAIVE (ADJECTIVE): showing a lack of experience Synonyms: artless, callow Antonyms: aware, experienced
- DIRE : They are facing dire prospect of victimisation want of sanctuary.
auspiciousbrightseveretrivialAll are correctOption C
DIRE (ADJECTIVE): extremely serious Synonyms: acute, critical Antonyms: calm, mild
- SNEAK : As quiet as a mouse, the children began to sneak into the kitchen in search of a midnight snack.
avowedfurtivehonestcandidAll are correctOption B
- COURT : Courting the rankings is also very necessary.
retreatescapechaseluckyAll are correctOption C
COURT (VERB): pay special attention Synonyms: chase, pursue Antonyms: escape, retreat
- EUPHORIA : The euphoria over reports of India is dampened now.
ecstasyraptureblissfelicityAll are correctOption A
EUPHORIA (NOUN): delight Synonyms: elation, glee Antonyms: depression, sorrow
- DISMAL : There is an acknowledgment of our dismal performance.
brightpleasantmelancholyblitheAll are correctOption C
DISMAL (ADJECTIVE): gloomy Synonyms: ghastly, murky Antonyms: clear, luminous
- FRONTIER : The distance to frontier ranking score is 40.76.
interiorlatitudemarginareaAll are correctOption C
FRONTIER (NOUN): border Synonyms: bound, limit Antonyms: inside, interior
- SINISTER : The result has falsified all sinister forebodings.
wickedbenevolentdextralauspiciousAll are correctOption A
SINISTER (ADJECTIVE): inauspicious Synonyms: evil, ominous Antonyms: auspicious, lucky